Chapter 5

Grant

The world froze around me. I stared into those blue eyes that I loved...or...once loved.

I shake my head, not believing that it's him.

"Grant?" my voice is weak.

"Mollie, I..I'm sorry." he approaches me. I step away from him. Tears fill my eyes. I turn and run to the door, but I remember that it's locked.

"You can't leave, Mollie." he says

Liam looks at me with a confused, worried look. I turn around and face Grant.

"I thought you died. Why did you do this?" I say.

"Mollie, I had to. It's complicated.

"And you thought dying would be good for me? Grant, I loved you!" I yell.

"You don't know me, Mollie. I'm not the guy you fell in love with." he says.

"Then, who are you?" I ask, choking back the tears.

"I'm...I'm double-edge, as you call me. I was only working with you to work against you....but, that doesn't mean I don't love you." he says.

I am silent. My lips part to speak, but no words come to my mouth.

"You..we...we..how could you? It was all an act?"

"Mollie, I wasn't supposed to fall in love with you! That was an accident, but I don't regret it. I was sent to work with you to get into your base and I decided that you were more important to me than my job and I couldn't tell you who I really was. I was trying to protect you, so I......I died." he says.

"So you're a coward? You couldn't tell me truth! We were partners, we had no secrets! I thought I trusted you!" the tears fall freely and I don't care.

"I'm not a coward! I was trying to protect you from what I got into a long time ago! I can't tell you anything, you don't know anything about me!" he yells at me now. His face so close to mine and so filled with anger.

"And now that I've told you, you have to promise not to tell anyone. I was never here. Mollie, I love you...just remember that before you go and turn me in." he says. His eyes are sympathetic. He turns away from me and walks to the back of the store. He gives me one last glance before disappearing into the dark night. I was tempted to run after him, to tell him that I still loved him. But, he wasn't who I thought he was.

"Mollie, we need to leave." Liam grabs my arm. I follow him to where the man unlocks the front door. I turn to face the door that Grant went out of, just to see if he might of come back. He was gone. Dead. At least to the world.

"Lets go back to the hotel. We can get new rooms." Liam says. There is pain in his voice. Why was he upset?

We walk back to the hotel and I can't stop thinking about Grant. Should I do whats right or keep a promise to him? Which side is he on? All of these questions linger in my mind as I walk. I don't pay attention to where Im walking and I feel myself jolt out of my thoughts when Liam pulls me away from something. A pole or a person or something. I didn't really see.

"Mollie, are you ok?" he asked concerned.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, Im fine." I say, looking up at him. His eyes are full of sorrow. "Mollie, you know what you have to do. It's not right to keep it-"

"Would you stop? All I hear all day long is 'Mollie this' 'Mollie that'. You don't know what it's like! You live your life being a popstar and swimming in money. I don't even know why you came!" I almost yell at him. He looks so hurt. Maybe I went a little too far.

"Mollie, I-" he starts, but then looks down. He looks back up at me. We continue walking without speaking. I watch where Im going this time, so Liam doesn't have to play babysitter and pull me out of the way. We get to the hotel and get different rooms. I go into mine and he goes into his, without even saying goodnight.

I fall on the bed and think about everything, almost in tears. Then, I hear a knock at the door.

"I thought you should know why I am here." he says. Of course, it's Liam.

I don't answer and Liam sits down on my bed. "I'm here..with you..because, the other bandmates are in trouble. Well, I am too. Double edge is after us. He takes other bandmates hostage and then asks for ransom. As you can imagine, people offer quite alot of money. Niall has been kidnapped and the rest of the boys are devastated. They don't know anything about who I am. They think I am taking a vacation and they absoloutely hate me because they say I don't care about Niall." he stops and swallows hard. "It's hard...knowing that your three brest friends have turned against you and the other one is kidnapped. Since I have experience with you, I was asked to work with you to help find Niall. I even shaved my head so it would be less obvious that I am part of One Direction." he says.

I stare at him. Suddenly. I feel bad. I know how hard it is to loose your best friend, and he lost four. I wasn't told why I was here. I just thought we were supposed to get Double Edge. I was too caught up in my anger because I couldnt go to Grants 'funeral' that I didnt even ask for details. How could I have been so stupid?

"Liam, Im so sorry." I say, looking down. He picks my chin up with his gentle hand and stares deep into my eyes. He tries to smile, but I know it hurts. His eyes are glazed over with tears and he leans in closer to my face. I feel his hot breath against my nose and I blink. He starts to close his eyes and then I feel his warm lips against mine. Its only a quick touch. He is gentle and holds my cheek with his hand. "I'm sorry. I just needed that." he says, still looking into my eyes. He is sorry for just a quick touch of the lips, hardly a kiss. I can't help but smile at his innocence. "No..No, don't be sorry." I smile and hug him. He hugs back, very tightly.

"Goodnight, Mollie." he gets up and opens the door. He turns and smiles before exiting.

"Goodnight, Liam." I say back.

A/N

YAY! I UPDATED.

So, now you know why Liam is with Mollie and he isnt just randomly tagging along when he has a career. Haha!

So yeah, tell me what you think!

Thanks, Loves

Mia^><^