Chapter 1: Boy Meets Boy

Hello! This is my first work on Wattpad starring my favorite K-pop couple, Jinson. I hope you enjoy it! Updates twice every four days!

Jinyoung still remembers it as if it were yesterday. The exact day, time, and feeling of the mid-June sun shining high in the sky. The scent of freshly brewed coffee, Sharpie markers, and baked goods he and Jaebeom had ordered from the counter. Yes, this is a day he'll never forget for the rest of his life.

The day his best friend since they were in diapers stared aimlessly across their table to the one a few feet away, chewing on his pen cap with wide eyes full of awe. Jinyoung still remembers looking up from his studies at the idiot he'd kept at his side and tsking before strategically smacking the pen cap out of his mouth with his own pencil.

They'd already been at the cafe for hours, their minds blank after meaningless studying, and Jinyoung was ready to head back to their dorm room to get some sleep before their next class. And now, this cosmic idiot found something else to focus on other than work. What pissed him off, even more, is when Jaebeom didn't seem to care that the pen cap he'd been chewing for the past twenty minutes was sitting on his hand in a puddle of his saliva.

"Jaebeom, we have to finish this up and go back to the dorms. I need some sleep before my cram classes and God knows you won't study without me. Or with me for that matter," Jinyoung sighs while slipping his thumb and index finger under his glasses to rub his tired eyes.

"Hey, Nyoungie. Check out the guy who's sitting behind you." Jaebeom said, finally realizing the slimy pen cap that slipped down his hand and shaking it off in disgust.

Jinyoung growled in annoyance. "Have you done any work since we got here?" Jinyoung picked up his phone to check the time. "Three hours ago?"

Jaebeom nodded hurriedly and started making hand gestures to get Jinyoung to turn around. The younger man turned to see what was so very interesting that his friend spent God knows how long staring at only it and nothing else. He didn't expect what he saw. On the farther side of the cafe sitting at a table for two was a dark-haired young man with a slender long nose, piercing but gentle eyes, a long swan-like neck, and a tall face. Jinyoung had seen the guy on campus a few times and he was beautiful, to say the least. Jinyoung almost understood why he'd taken his friend's attention. Jaebeom liked guys like that. The photogenic ones with striking features.

Jinyoung turns back to Jaebeom--who managed to find the pen of the pen cap and started chewing on that--and nodded his head in the other's direction. "What about him?" He asks as nonchalantly as possible just to tick the other off. And it works. Jaebeom looks at Jinyoung like he'd grown a new head with elephant ears and trunk.

"What do you mean 'what about him'? Isn't he the most freaking gorgeous person you've ever seen? Look at his nose, and hair, and eyes, and...everything! He's so pretty I think I might actually cry." Jaebeom says, finally losing all chewable items and resting his chin in his palm. To Jinyoung's dismay, this could only mean one thing; Jaebeom was smitten. Again.

"Are you kidding me? Isn't this the fourth guy you've crushed on this semester?" Jinyoung asks. His annoyance is evident in his tone.

"And what of it? I like exploring my options, it's a free country." Jaebeom retaliated, angrily grabbing his iced drink and taking a long swig.

Jinyoung rolls his eyes as he starts packing his things to leave. He's only got a good three hours before his last class and he'd like to get some shut-eye before anything manages to put a roadblock in his evening plans. Which something usually does, but he's praying he doesn't jinx himself this time around.

"I'm gonna go talk to him. I think he's alone so this should be a piece of cake," Jaebeom says confidently while he stands up from their table and struts over to the other man across the room.