The Weirdo on Maple Street PT 1

Author's note...still sick, getting better but I wanted to post something

Y/N's POV

My eyes were wet with tears. I was curled under the table in Will's shed. I sniffled and wiped my eyes with my palms. I leaned out just a little to see if I could see if the monster was still out there. The air was dead quiet.

"Do you think it's gone?" I asked Will in a whisper. He shook his head. His lip quivered and I pulled him into a hug.
"Don't-don't cry..or it might hear us." I told him. I wanted to cry with him. I wanted to scream until someone heard us and saved us. But wherever we were, I don't think whatever found us would be friendly.

I slowly got up and peered outside the shed. I held my breath as I stepped out, the vines below my feet squelching and squishing.
Nothing was in site. Nothing made a sound but my own heartbeat and Will wiping his tears away.

"I-I think the coast is clear." I motioned for Will to come to me.
He got on his knees and stood up. He walked over to me cautiously and looked out.

"What are we going to eat? Or drink??" I looked at Will worriedly.

"I-I think I have some water and food in Castle Byers."

I looked at him. "But.. that's in the middle of the forest. It's too risky. I think we should just camp out in your house and shed until help arrives. Obviously we can call your mom, so maybe if we can describe here enough she can look for us." I suggested.

"I guess. But, what are we going to eat?" Will asked.

"I mean, remember Mr. Clarke's one teaching? He said that humans can go for 3 weeks without food."

"Well..yeah. Hopefully we're not stuck here for that long." Will let out a big cough.

I pulled Will by the arm into his house. I peered around the corner and saw nothing.
I stalked into the house with Will in tow. I tried not to make too much noise with the vines on the ground.
"It looks like we can stay here." I said hoarsely.

"I guess so.." Will shivered. I hugged him and grabbed him tightly and rubbed his shoulders.
He hugged me back and we embraced body heat. There wasn't much of it, considering our hair was wet from rain and sludge.

"Should we try to call your mom again? The monster isn't here anymore-" I suggested, but Will cut me off.

"The demogorgon." He said.

"What?"

"We should call it the demogorgon."

"You mean from D&D?"

"Yeah. I mean, what else should we call it? Maybe it'd make us feel like heroes in a video game and you know heroes always prevail."

"Umm..okay..sure." I nodded.

M/N's POV

I sat on Joyce's couch in shock. "So..you heard our kids breathing over the phone?"
She nodded.

"And you're..you're sure it's them?"

"Yes..yes..I know what I heard! I called Hopper so long ago, he still hasn't came."

I heard the toaster pop and Jonathan, Joyce's oldest son, take out some toast.
"Alright mom, breakfast is ready." He announced.

He set the plates down, but Joyce jumped up and ran over. "Oh, wait no.. be careful of the poster.."

"Alright, I just need you to eat."