The Weirdo on Maple Street pt 2

M/N's POV

Joyce parked the car in front of her house. She undid her seatbelt hurriedly and jumped out of the vehicle. I grabbed the phone box and followed her inside.

She threw open the door and ran inside. Joyce took the phone from me and threw it onto the table. It let out a ding and I ran to open it.
Joyce was already pulling the brown wrapping out and pulled the phone out.

She pulled the box out next and began untangling the cord. She ran to the wall and plugged it in. Her pale skin shivered and she put the phone to her ear. I heard a faint dial tone and watched Joyce run to the living room.

"Joyce, the ph-" Joyce was suddenly pulled back by the short phone cord. I rushed over and pulled a chair towards her and she sat down.

"Thanks." She said briefly. She centered the phone in her lap and I let out a shaky breath.

"I-I'll make us some tea, okay? How's that sound?" I made my way to the kitchen and began to make some tea for the two of us.

Joyce nodded, holding the phone close to her like it was her life support.
I ran some water into a pot and silently prayed my poor Y/N and Will were fending for themselves well enough. A tear ran down my cold skin and I wiped it away before Joyce noticed.

Y/N's POV

I woke up with a sinking feeling in my stomach. It felt like I was about to die. My breath hitched when I tried to sit up and I coughed quite loudly for a moment, startling Will awake.
I made a fist with my hand and coughed into it. My head spun and I fell back down to the soggy, warm spot on the slimy earth.

"Y/N-?" Will groggily rubbed his eyes. He turned to look at me and I felt his hands rest on my shoulder. They were cold to the touch, as if he just held a snowball.

"Will, I'm-" something caught my throat and I hacked up nothing but spit. "I feel awful.."
I heard Will say something under his breathe, but I was too focused with regulating my breathing to care. I lifted my hand to wipe my nose and got muck all over my face.

"Hey, Y/N," Will caught my attention and reached his hand out to my nose, wiping the gunk off of my face. I closed my eyes and shivered at the gentle hand on my weak skin.

My pink, cold nose twitched and Will sighed in defeat.
"Are you sick?" He questioned. He felt my forehead with the back of his hand like it was going to do anything, but he pulled his hand away right after.

"What?" I sniffled.

"It's..really cold.." He shivered.

"I'm-I'm sorry." I shifted my position to lean against the rain-soaked branches of the little hut I was sitting in.
"No, no..it-it's alright, it just makes it a lot harder for us to hide and run away."
I looked with tired eyes as Will's face lit up with an idea.

"There's a medicine cabinet in my house." He told me, smiling brightly.

"What?" I got chills down my back and coughed.

"There's a little box in my house with bandaids, medicine, a temperature meter, you get the deal. I-I can run to my house and get it, and I can give you medicine for your sick."