Chapter 1 - Tinder Date

My eyes bore holes into my phone as I continued to swipe left on my screen. I could hear people talking around me but I wasn't really paying too much attention.

Eww...

I continued to swipe left.

Nope... wait...

My finger paused on the screen when I saw this mans face. He looked alright, his description didn't seem to raise any red flags or mention a disgusting pick up line.

Hmmmm.....

I felt something hit my forehead and I quickly looked up from my phone. A chip hit the cafe table after it bounced off my head.

"Told ya she was on tinder." Kelly said rubbing her fingers together at one of the other girls at the table. "Five bucks, I was right!" She chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and looked back down at my phone.

"Come one (F/N), what's the deal? We all know you won't go through with a date from tinder. Your way too fridget." Kelly chuckled.

"And stubborn." Another agreed.

I mean she's not wrong... I'm definitely not an out there kinda gal.... but I could go on a tinder date... I think...

I frowned and dropped my phone on the table. "I can go on a date if I want, I just haven't found anyone worth going on a date with." I shrugged.

"And what's the benchmark hun, a hero? Hawks maybe?" She chuckled again.

"He's super hot." Another one of the girls spoke up.

Totally.. I mean who isn't hot for Hawks?...

"Stop making fun of me!" I said loudly in the quiet cafe. "You never know, I might just find the man of my dreams on tinder." I joked.

"Yeah, I doubt that hun. The only thing tinder's good for is having a one night stand." Kelly smirked as she gave me a wink. "Ya know Netflix and chill."

"I don't think that's what people use tinder for." I said naively looking around at the other girls.

The table erupted in laughter. Some of the girls swung their heads back and forth while the others wiped tears from the corners of their eyes.

Okay so I am slightly naive and not very outgoing but I don't let people walk over me and I speak my mind when I'm given the chance. Even with Kelly we had some kind of love/hate friendship. But okay maybe I should have seen this one coming.

"Oh my poor sweet innocent (F/N)." Kelly laughed with the others. "Your still a virgin right? Just swipe right for someone, hell anyone and you'll get your cherry popped." She smiled.

I gave her an unimpressed look as I went to pick my phone up again.

"Just like this." She stuck her finger in her mouth and pulled it out the side making a popping noise.

I went bright red.

"Funny Kel, real funny." I scoffed as I finished my coffee. "Right if you'll excuse me, some of us have real jobs." I said slyly as I stood up from the table.

"Sorry we all can't have good government jobs." Kelly said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah well maybe if you actually applied yourself with your studies instead of going out to parties then you would have a decent job too." I chuckled and gave her a wink as I pointed a finger out to her.

She was right though, I had a pretty good job. I mean I couldn't complain. I worked as a psychologist for the government. I'm only young but I finished my degree pretty quickly, I really wanted to make a difference and help people. I knew I could never become a hero because of my lame quirk, so this was the next best thing. I usually had high profile clients and had to keep them top secret but I didn't mind. I mean I don't really like taking about my own personal stuff with people.... so it works... ironic isn't it, the therapist who hates to talk about herself.