S C A R E D

Aubreys POV still:

My heart stoped. I just lightly shook my head. "Aubrey you have to go." Draco whispered. I bit my lip and stood up, as I walked closer to Dumbledor a tear fell from my eye. I didn't allow myself to cry often and I wasn't about to do it in front of the whole school. He handed me the paper, Aubrey Ryder. It didn't even look close to my hand writing. He motioned towards a door and I walked through it. I walked down a stair case and towards a fireplace. The other champions looked confused. Then I heard running down the stairs and turned.

"My dear please don't tell me your name in that goblet." Dumbledor said grabbing both my arms. I shook my head allowing myself to cry silently. "Well of course she is lying!" A rather tall lady said with a thick accent. "It's not possible! Not with events that have happened this past week. I'm afraid Ms.Ryder hasn't left your dorm. His that correct?" McGonagle asked. I nodded. She gave me a apologetic smile. "Am I going to have to compete?" I asked quietly. Everything froze. "As of tonight. You are, a triwizard champion."

——————

"You Bloody Idiot!" Draco shouted. "You really think I'm that dumb to put my name in that damn goblet!" I shouted back. He was silent. We had been arguing for about 5 minutes in the common area. "I haven't left my damn rook for the past week when you could put your name in!" I said now crying slightly. He ran over to hug me. His arms around my waist mine around his neck. I rested my head into his neck. It was odd how he could go from pissed to sweet in a matter of seconds. "I believe you." He whispered. "You better." I joked. I felt his chest rise a bit from a small chuckle.

"We have a game to win tomorrow you need rest." He said as I pulled out of the hug. "Right." I said and turned to my door. I turned the nob and nothing happened. I took out my wand 'alohMaura' I said. Nothing. "My luck is great today." I said and rested my head in the door. "What?" I heard a voice call. I turned around and saw two gray eyes staring into mine. "Door is stuck." I muttered. A smirk plastered on his face. "Go get some rest in mine, I have to help Snape with something." He said and unlocked his door for me to enter.

"Thanks." I said and closed it. His room was much larger and much more decorated. He had his quidditch jerseys on the wall, a giant king size bed, a real fur rug. But I was so tired from today's events, I just passed out on Draco's very comfortable bed.

Draco's POV

She shut the door behind her and I left the common room. Snape had something he needed from me to give to the dark lord. I was over my parents death eater shit. I had other stuff to worry about, like Aubrey. I opened the potions door and Snapes head snapped to mine. "Malfoy." He said. "Professor you needed me." I replied. He nodded and left the room telling me to follow. He led me up to the staff floor. The second highest level in the castle. He opened this door and in it was a room with nothing but a mirror. He shut the door behind us.

"Look into the mirror and tell me what you see." He said in his dull voice. I walked up to the mirror and looked into it. At first all I saw was me. Then I saw something show up behind me. Aubrey. I whipped my head around to see if she was behind me. But she wasn't. "Who do you see Malfoy." Snape asked again. "Myself." I said. I didn't know what this was but I didn't trust it. "Who else." Snape growled. "I don't see anybody else." I lied. "Don't lie to me boy." He scoffed. "Mother." I lied again. He rolled his eyes and took out his wand. He muttered a spell then all my memories came rushing back. Specifically the ones with Aubrey.

Aubreys POV

I had been asleep for a good hour before I felt something creep behind me. I rolled over and saw platinum blonde hair and gray eyes. He wrapped a arm around my waist and I drifted back off to sleep. I wasn't scared if anything anymore. I felt protected. I felt safe in his arms.

I woke up the next morning to a blonde boy still holding me slightly awake. "Morning." He said in a deep morning voice. "Like the sight do you Malfoy?" I joked noticing the staring he was doing. I felt his chest rise from his chuckle as I rested my head on it. He ran his fingers through my hair. "Your going to be the death of me." He mumbled before resting his head on mine. "I know." I joked trying to get up. "Now get me a quidditch outfit  would you?" I said standing up. Draco yawned then slowly got up revealing his upper body. His chest in clear view and he wore gray sweatpants with the Slytherin crest on the pocket. He reached into a drawer and pulled out what looked like his second year quidditch Jersey. "This should fit you." He said handing it to me. He dug a bit deeper and pulled out what looked like his second year dry fit pants. "Your pretty tall this should be fine." He handed them to me and I punched his arm softly and walked to the nearest bathroom.

I had a game to win