part 1

"Hello, how are you feeling?"

It doesn't make sense. Katsuki feels confused and a skull piercing headache does not help him with further thinking. First of all, where he is? The last time he remembers, he was attacking some stupid villain and then there was just a black abyss of nothing.

"Can you hear me?"

Okay, so he's laying down. That's clear because he can feel a duvet tucked around his body. A body that's aching like fucking shit, worse than anything he felt before. The surroundings are too bright even though his eyes are still closed. Katsuki finally manages to start his brain and after a few second decides he must be in a hospital.

That would make sense.

"Hina? Can you pass me the clipboard?"

But what doesn't make any sense is the voice.

It's sweet and Katsuki thinks it's pleasant to hear. Which is stupid as fuck because that's stupid. He got hit and his brain is playing with him. That's the only possible explanation, yes.

But still, when he hears the voice go through numbers of blood pressure or some shit and other things that sound too doctorish for Katsuki to understand, he wants to open his eyes to see the person.

But it hurts and he only manages to frown.

A nasal female voice joins the first one, but it's annoying. Why are they not letting the first person speak instead?

"Fuck" he breathes out to stop them.

"Oh, he's awake." Still speaking?

He tries again. "Shut up."

There's an awkward moment of silence and then the first voice gets closer and with it comes a scent of pines. Breathe in, breathe out. It's amazing, fucking amazing.

"Mister pro hero, can you hear me?" the voice asks again and Katsuki hums as in 'yes'.

He can hear them.

He wants to hear them.

"Okay, that's good. Your vitals are getting better, but we couldn't heal all your injuries, that would make more mess. Now, we will let you sleep."

And Katsuki passes out.