Chapter 13

*Kylie's P.O.V.*

Before Harry could respond to me, I needed to find Zayn. Zayn caused all this stupid drama and I needed it to stop.

I immediately called him and he answered quickly.

"Kylie?" asked Zayn sleepily.

"We need to talk," I croaked.

The other end was silent for a seconds.

"Where?" he asked.

I parked my car into a crammed lot and ran to the nearest deserted location; a small lake.

"The lake. The one near the Pastry shop just by Mary's Craft Store." I directed Zayn.

He agreed to meet me there and I quickly thought over what I was going to say.

Zayn, you kissed me and Harry's mad. No.

Zayn, we can only be friends, but what if he doesn't want to be friends anymore? Ugh!

Zayn, stop playing with my love life! I love Harry! No! That sounds mean!

I must've been thinking for half an hour because before I could even make a decision, Zayn came running towards me.

He was now panting as I stood there acting interested in the scenery of the lake.

"Um, what did you want to talk about?" asked Zayn kicking some dirt.

He had dark circles under his eyes and I could almost feel the guilt in him just by his heavy breathing.

"Why'd you punch Harry?" I asked, avoiding his eye contact.

"The same reason I kissed you." Zayn said almost confidently.

"And why did you kiss me?" I asked, finally joining our gazes as one.

He stepped closer to me and I felt his hot breath on my neck as I turned away.

"Because, if you can't tell, I fancy you Kylie. I really do." I could smell his cologne and let me tell you, it was hot.

I gently pushed him away with my arm but he only came closer to me.

"Zayn, this isn't right, I-I love Harry," I said walking away.

"Dump him. You don't know the truth Kylie." Zayn blurted.

"What truth?" I asked meeting his eyes.

"It doesn't matter now," Zayn says under his breath.

I would've responded back to Zayn's mind games but my familiar ringtone sounded so I answered my phone.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello Kylie. Miss me?" rang the cold blooded voice.

I froze in fear. He chuckled slightly before hanging up. My phone slid out of my hand and my state of shock made me lose my balance.

"Kylie, no!" shouted Zayn as he tried to grab hold of me before I fell into the once peaceful lake. I couldn't move and I faintly remember Zayn telling me he couldn't swim. My vision become nothing but the blue from the sky above of me, slowly fading away and getting deeper and darker.

--------------

Someone's lips were pressed against mine as I realized my body had been placed against the wooden deck. Had someone saved me? I coughed out water and I heard someone sigh of relief. It was Zayn. His eyes were red and he was sweating a lot. His clothing was wet as well. I sat up but then an agonizing pain hit me hard.