05. the death of will byers

CHAPTER FIVE
( the death of will byers )

MADISON WALKER STOOD in Mike Wheelers basement the next morning before school with all her friends, minus Will who was still yet to be found, as Mike went over the plan

El was messing with Mikes walkie while the other kids tried to listen to what Mike had to say. "We just tell our parents we have AV Club after school. That'll give us at least a few hours for operation Mirkwood."

"You seriously think that the weirdo knows where Will is?" Lucas asked. "Just trust me on this, okay?" Mike replied and Lucas nodded with an okay.

"Did you get the supplies?" Mike looked between his friends, who where all meant to bring something to help the mission. Lucas nodded before he began to pull stuff out. "Binoculars... from 'Nam. Army knife... also from 'Nam. Hammer, camouflage bandana... and the wrist rocket." Lucas smiled proudly at his wrist rocket but Dustin scoffed. "You're gonna take out the Demogorgon with a slingshot?"

"First of all, it's a wrist rocket. And second of all, the Demogorgon's not real. It's made up. But if there is something out there, I'm gonna shoot it in the eye..." He fake shot Dustin. "And blind it."

"Dustin, what did you get?" Mike wondered hoping what dustin brought was useful. Dustin dumped out his bag to show a bunch of treats and some fruit. "Well, alrighty. So, we've got... nutty bars, bazooka, pez, smarties, pringles, nilla wafers, apple, banana, and trail mix."

"Seriously?" Lucas looked at dustin like he was a dummy, which caused Dustin to defend his choices. "We need energy for our travels. For stamina. And besides, why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her."

"she shut one door!" Lucas shouted, annoyed. "With her mind! Are you kidding me? That's insane! Imagine all the other cool stuff she could do. Like..." Dustin walked over to Mikes toy of the millennium falcon and then in front of El. "I bet... that she could make this fly!"

"Hey. Hey." El looked up at Dustin after he captured her attention. "Okay, concentrate. Okay?" Dustin dropped the toy and El just looked at him. He sighed. "Okay, one more time. Okay. Use your powers, okay?" It drops again.

"Dustin, stop. She's not some new toy." Maddie snapped and Dustin frowned. "Okay, we might need some weapons."

"Well then, you've got the right person." Maddie smiled, pulling her switchblade out of her backpack front pocket.

"Hey! I'm the weapons guy." Lucas complained, making maddie roll her eyes and begin spinning her blade around in her hand without getting cut. "I think Maddie's got it." Dustin nodded and Maddie smiled before dumping out her bag. "I didn't just bring that. I also brought extra walkie talkie batteries, waters, a compass, a first aid kit, and water filtration pills."

All the boys look at her confused, wondering why she has all this stuff and what they would need it for. "My parents and I use to go camping a lot. Most stuff is just in case but it's better safe than sorry."