Chapter Five: Mistakes Make Mistakes

Flashback...

A year ago

KINDLE'S POV

It wasn't after the March 2nd incident that blaming fingers were pointed at me for doing something I was supposed to. As a hero in Eden with twelve trainees aspiring to build their own dreams by my teachings, it isn't that easy.

With the responsibility of cooperating with other super humans as average as any known human, it gets a little more tough.

To be the man people look up to was something that only the skies could hold. Only few were able to grasp that and explore it to its fullest.

To be the man you look up to was the most hazardous pollutant known to humanity. No one wanted that for Heroes.

They wanted Heroes to be like soldiers; work under the government, remain fair and true to the public and risk whatever it takes to win a battle.

What they didn't apply to their thoughtful desires was an 'if'. Of course, probability is something a lot of people shun at.

They always think that once you're a Hero, you have destiny itself in your hands.

After being assigned to work for the government about a year ago, I realized that the world was filled with nothing but black hearted people who always looked at the bright side.

There's nothing like a bright side in life on Earth, only hustle, iniquity and shame.

True glory lies in one who is able to harness all the three and apply it with the right objective. That is when a chance of optimism can fabricate into reality.

Standing in front of a tainted glass in my room, I had my hands folded on my chest, casting a shadow behind as the moon's reflected light shone into the dark room.

Looking through the glass down to a portion of the city, I gave a heavy sigh and veered to another direction.

I then noticed an on-going robbery within North Marline Street.

A thief in black mask swiped the hand bag of a woman; presumably in her early twenty's, and escaped to an alley far from the victim's reach. It was then that the thief leaned to the wall and begun to search through the items the bag contained.

All that he found was a lipstick, some pens, a notebook, her ID, insurance cad and a bundle of money. Though the money was halved, the thief graciously hid it in the back pocket of his jeans and sprinted away, leaving the other items on the cold wet ground.

After a few memories of Mr. Jeffrey Hawkings and the villains I used to fight against played back in my mind, I realised a key that would surely survive my troubles to a successful end.

"The world won't accept mandatory accidents from a man like me. Eden will continue to plague judgements over my head and accuse me of every misfortune. Because I am a superhero doesn't mean I'm a god. Not everything has to be done by the superior one, not every solution should be given to a problem. If they can't take it from me, then they'll soon take it from themselves." I muttered.

Still musing over a secure and effective solution, I finally concluded with the name 'M.A.R.I'

"Humans gave birth to Artificial Intelligence, they will listen to that. There won't be any need of Kindle... My powers are part of my problems. I have to let them go sooner or later."

|-*0*-*0-*-|

MOTION'S POV

The eyes of the crowd reflected nothing more than the manifestation of vivid perplexion. They might not completely be aware of what was truly happening, but just like me, they could tell how regret sunk deep into our entranced minds.