v.

Chatham, Massachusetts

Natasha sits on the deck as the back yard gets redone for the big event. She glances over her shoulder at Harlow standing in the kitchen window.

"You should be getting ready for tonight."

Harlow looks back at the older lady moving into the kitchen. "Oh hi, Gigi."

Gigi grins as she leans over kissing Harlow on her cheek, "Did you fight with her again?"

"Oh Gigi, I don't wanna do this again."

Gigi slaps Harlow on the hand. "Don't you back talk me."

Harlow rubs her hand, "I didn't."

Gigi glares at her, "You two are too close to start this again."

Harlow watches her grandmother.

Gigi turns back to her, "You need to go talk to her. Please. Do that for me. Do that for your mother."

"Gigi, don't pull that card on me." Harlow mumbles back at her.

"I will always say it, you and your mother were too much alike. You both couldn't get over things." Gigi hands her a glass of water. "Go talk to her and figure this shit out."

Harlow looks back at her grandmother, "I can't talk to Brooke without feeling like this is my fault."

"You were and are never at fault for this. Harlow, what happened to you was scary and tragic. But it is nothing that we can't handle. It's nothing we can't handle as a family."

Harlow puts the glass down as she walks over to hug her grandmother.

Gigi kisses her cheek, "She is the only person that understands your pain right now Harlow. Don't push her away."

Natasha walks in clearing her voice as she drops her head.

Gigi looks up as Charles walks in the room, "Charles, you are home."

"Of course I am, this is something honoring Athena, I will always come around." He kisses Gigi on the cheek. "Hello mother."

Gigi rubs his arm, "You look good Charles, it's good that you came home."

Charles looks over at Harlow then moves out of the room.

Harlow gives him a small smile as she moves out of the room moving up the steps to the back guest rooms.

She walks down the hallway grinning as she pushes my door open. "You are going to get us kicked out. Again."

I blow the smoke out the window as I extend my arm out to her, "It's fresh."

"I know i can smell it from the steps." Harlow walks into the room shutting the door. "Charles is here."

"I know, I saw his troops roll in." I kick my leg out the window watching the workers decorate the tables. "I love Aunt Athena but she would have hated this."

Harlow takes a deep inhale, "Mom would have hated this all. All these people around here and for what?"

I watch more people walk around as Charles walks out with Gigi.

Harlow leans a little out the window. "She told me to fix things with you."

"I handed you my joint, it's fixed."

Harlow kisses my cheek, "You know what this means."

I nod my head watching them.

"I haven't seen him since the funeral." Harlow mutters back at me.