Chapter 2- The party

Kandy's view:

Wow. i can't believe Ken is coming to the party! I really can't wait to see him. I wonder what will happen? Hmm.... Should i tell him that I like him? What would he think? That I'm stupid? Would he just laugh? I'm really nervous. It's been long since I've told someone I like them. That was over 2 years ago when I went out with this guy, Jason, who was in my Biology class. He was stupid! He cheated on me! Speaking of stupidity, I hope that guy Ken isn't stupid as well.

                                                                                       --------

The door bell rang like a chime. It was like the sound of the church bell but quieter . Ding Dong, Mina went to the door rushing after she came to prepare the cupcakes she baked. She opened the door, there she sees, a lovely young lady. That was Kandy of course! Holding the muffins she baked that she told Mina about. There was about one hundred muffins, they were small but they were something to sell. It took her the whole day after Mina called that there's going to be party over her house. "Wow Kand, that's a lot!" Mina was surprised. "Of course, i want to help you know." Kandy replied.

A lot of people showed up at Mina's house. Even the principal showed up! It was about a quarter of the school that was there. It was crowded but worth it. Ken arrives a couple of minutes later. "Hey, Mina, nice party man. Worth remembering." Ken touches her head as she was smiling. "Thanks, Ken. Enjoy!" 

Ken walks towards his friends greeting each other a happy evening. As he saw Kandy, he walked up to her and though isn't that the girl I just bumped in to? I should go up to her and say sorry. Ken walked to Mina and Mina blushed. "Hey, aren't you that girl I just bumped in to?". "Oh yes!, i should really be saying....." They both thought that it would be better if they said sorry to each other again. "Sorry..". They both giggled and avoiding eye contact. "We should really go to a quieter place" Ken suggested. "I guess we should". Mina replied. So they went outside, they walked around and by the swimming pool and talked about how they met. "You know...." Ken walking slowly as he is almost stopping. "I know what?" Kandy asked immediately. "You're really pretty and.... I was wondering if you would come with me to the next homecoming dance next two weeks?" Ken was nervous and was sweating like he just came out of a shower. "Umm. sure i guess? No one has really asked me to the dance before". Kandy was also nervous. She didn't expect anything like this was about to happen. She acted normal as ever, but deep inside her, she's all melting down to the concrete.

Ken's View:

Oh...My...Gosh.... I can't believe I asked her out to the dance! Would she think that I like her? Is it really that obvious? I really don't know if I do. Well, she's kind of nice and pretty but.....urgh! i don't know! she's different. Should i tell her this? No. I shouldn't. She would think I'm a weird stalker or something!

"We should really be going inside and enjoy the party" Ken realized. They both agreed and went inside. 

The party was almost finish and they still haven't got to know each other too well. "Want me to give you a ride home?" Ken offered. "Hey Mina, seriously, thanks for everything and the baking. It was worth it!" Mina interrupted. "Oh hold on a minute" Kandy said to Ken. "It's all good boss" giving Mina the wink. "Were they all sold?". "Yep!, They were all out!" Mina smiled. "Umm, sure if you want, i don't mind" Kandy turning her back to Ken. "Well then lets go!"

[Chapter 3 coming]