Chapter two- An Unfamiliar Place and Unfamiliar People

Wilbur could feel warm heat spread around his face and something grainy underneath him, he shifted to his side and started choking up water. His eyes snapped open, in a panic he got on all fours and started coughing water out. He stayed there, throwing up water, until his throat ran dry and started to burn. Wilbur regained his breath and stumbled while trying to get up.

"Am I....dead?" He mumbled, asking himself. He gagged as he could taste the saltiness from the water he just hurled. "Nope, I'm definitely still alive." Wilbur sarcastically chuckled and looked around.

He gasped, he came into view of massive trees and greenery near the small shore line he was on. "Woah.." he said marveling at the sheer beauty of the island, there were twisting vines all over the place and unfamiliar flowers sprouting against the humongous trees that were towering over the land, casting welcoming but mysterious shadows.

Wilbur tore his eyes from the lovely sight. He survey the area around him, he looked down and noticed that a few steps away from him was an object shining reflectively against the sun. His curiosity got the best of him and he limped over to the object, his body aching like never before. He cautiously picked up the object and he smiled, it was his glasses, he frowned when he noticed that one of the lenses had a crack on them.

"Well, it's better than nothing" he grumbled, slipping the frames on his face and looking towards the ocean. "I wonder if anyone else survived.." he whispered, his face darkened, and then he shook his head. "They had to have survived. They're strong people." he stated to no one in particular. He started walking up to the line between the sand and the grass, he made sure to stay on the edge on the luscious and green grass. He wanted to run his hands through it but decided against it. He tore his eyes away from the grass.Wilbur took one last look at the sun, it was still quite early so he would have the entire day to look for his family.

—————————

Philza had woken up clutching a piece of debris, the first thing he did was wildly look around trying to find his sons. He took in his surroundings, finding that he wasn't too far out from the shore, he let himself get slowly floated to shore. His body trembled, he couldn't seem to move his body so when he washed up on the wet sand he just laid there with his eyes closed. He got up on all fours and crawled away from the shoreline, he got away from the gently lapping waves when his arms swiftly gave out and suddenly causing him to drop on the grainy sand. He rolled to the side and onto his back. The wind blew his hair with a gentle breeze while he let himself breathe and eventually his eyes slipped open, his first thoughts were about his family. Uneasiness settled in his stomach as morbid thoughts ran around in his mind, as fast he could, he sat up and took some heavy breathes.

A feeling of agony started to creep up his leg and he winced as he moved it to see why it hurt. His eyes widened, there was a large gash on his calf and he gagged as the stench of blood flooded finally flooded his senses. Blood was spilling out, and after a moment of alarm he quickly shrugged what was left of his robe off and tied it tightly around the wound, applying pressure as he watched the sun move across the sky.

"It is about noon" he pointed out to himself

"I wonder if I could..." he murmured, faltering as he stood up. When he was able to balance himself out he tried putting weight on his injured leg, Philza yelped as a spike of harsh pain traveled up his leg and he grunted as he dropped back into the sand. He laid there for a few moments and pushed himself back up. Philza held up a hand to his eyes to block out the shining sun as he looked for something that he could use to get up. He saw the rest of the island behind him and looked at it in awe before he remembered his top priority, to find any sign of his family. Philza scanned the area, his eyes narrowing and then widening as he saw a skinny branch