CHAPTER ONE

Moving day

Moving day. 

The day where Primrose gets to move back to New York. She feels awful for leaving her dad back in Texas, but he constantly told her that he will be fine and that she should do this. He knew that she wasn't happy in Texas. He felt bad for making her move away from everything she has ever known to a small town in Texas where she didn't have any friends. Primrose did make one friend in Texas even though it's hard for her making friends since she's not the most social person. 

Isaiah Babineaux, better known as Zay, was the only friend she made in Texas. She learned that Zay was best friends with Lucas before he moved to New York. She always wondered why Lucas had to move, but she didn't say anything about it knowing that Lucas would tell her on his own time and she doesn't want to pressure him into telling her. Ever since she left for Texas she always found a way to stay in contact with her best friends back in New York, but it still wasn't the same as it was seeing them in person. 

She was so excited to be able to move back to New York. She missed her mom and sister. She also missed her best friends, maybe even missed Farkle a bit more than the others. Farkle than anyone else, their bond running deeper than mere friendship. As she packed her belongings, memories flooded her mind—late-night conversations, shared laughter, and the comforting presence of someone who truly understood her.

Despite her excitement to return to New York and reunite with her loved ones, a twinge of sadness tugged at her heartstrings. Leaving her dad behind in Texas was undoubtedly the hardest part of this move. Primrose couldn't shake the guilt gnawing at her. Even though her dad reassured her countless times, saying he would be alright and urging her to go with her mom, she couldn't help but feel like she was abandoning him. She knew he had his own life and responsibilities, but she still felt a pang of guilt. 

"Home sweet home." Her mom, Josie, said, smiling over at her youngest daughter, who sat in the passenger seat. She had just pulled up to their new house and Primrose forced a smile in response to her mom's words, her heart heavy with conflicting emotions. 

"Yeah," She murmurs as she looks out at the two story house nestled among the familiar tree-lined streets of their old neighborhood. It was a quaint house, with a cozy charm that whispered of memories waiting to be made. But as Primrose gazed at it, her mind wandered back to her dad in Texas, a knot of worry tightening in her chest.

"Mom," She began hesitantly, turning to face Josie, "Do you think dad will be okay? I mean, really okay?"

Josie reaches out and squeezes her daughter's hand reassuringly. "Sweetheart, your dad is stronger than you think. He'll miss you, of course, but he understands why you need to be here. And besides, we'll make sure to keep in touch with him as much as we can." 

Primrose nods, finding solace in her mom's words. She knew her mom was right, but the guilt still lingered, a silent shadow that followed her every move. "Okay. Oh, and thanks for meeting dad and I half way. I know that you're busy with work."