Mage of Flowers | Fate/Grand Order Merlin X Reader One-Shot

All masters of the Chaldea Security Organisation were invited to a grand ball by someone we had never seen before. The masters were allowed to bring one servant with them as an escort and I chose my favourite servant.

Merlin, the Mage of Flowers. He is the most powerful support servant that was heavily used from Fuyuki to Solomon by me. He has beautiful long wavy silver hair and sparkling purple eyes. Recently he gave me a craft essence named 'The tower of Avalon' which can be obtained only if your bond with him is on level 10.

Ever since that day, he had been following me around almost like a bodyguard and always keeping me safe. He was my only SSR servant when I first started. But recently Waver had blessed me with his presence and I might have neglected the Mage. So as an apology, I am going to bring Merlin to the ball.

I was dressed in a pastel light pink dress with my long chestnut hair styled beautifully by loli Da Vinci. "You look beautiful, Master!" She clasped her little hands together and grinned happily. "Thank you, Da Vinci-chan." I lifted up the corner of my dress and did a little curtsy in-front of her.

Merlin was waiting for me outside of Da Vinci's room, he was all prepared to go. When I opened the door to get out, Merlin was the only thing that I saw that stopped me on my tracks. He was wearing a black collared long sleeve that was rolled up to his arms and a black long pants to complete the set. He had a dark purple scarf too, to complement the clothes that he was wearing, giving it alittle colour. For his hair, he left it as it is. He was stunning. (Refer to the cover of the book)

"Ready to go? My princess." He grinned, making my cheeks flush red. He reached his hand out for me to hold onto which I did. I placed my hand in his and the warmness of his hands makes me anxious. Was my hand sweating? Is my hand too cold? No one likes sweaty hands. I could feel him staring at me so I peeked a look to confirm my thoughts. When our eyes met, he flashed a gentle smile. "Don't be nervous. You look beautiful yourself, Master."

----- 🌸 -----

There were tons of Masters in the ballroom. I met the Fujimaru twins at the center of the crowd. They were the 2 Legendary masters in Chaldea, of course they will be surrounded by their fans. I turned away from the crowd and found myself alone. Where did Merlin go? I thought to myself as I made my way to the desserts section. I placed a few sweets on my platter and was ready to head out to the balcony when someone tapped me on the shoulder.

My eyes widened when I saw a handsome blonde Saber that I always use during my battles, standing in front of me. "A-Arthur..!" The male smiled down at me and offered me an accompany. "Where's your master?" I inhaled a piece of cake like it's nothing. He let out a cute chuckle and smiled. "I could have asked the same to you." I looked at Arthur, taking in his good looks and the smell of his perfume. He is absolutely stunning. I wish I had him in my Chaldea.

"Arthur!" I could hear a girl's voice calling out for him. "My master is calling for me, I should get going." He bowed at me and walked away. I waved my hands and mumbled a farewell before heading over to the ballroom. The lights were shining beautifully, lighting up the ballroom like how fairytales always protrays them to be.

Just then- "Hey." I heard Gudao yelled from within the crowd. I turned back to see that he was calling for me. "Your servant wasn't feeling so well so he headed into your room to rest. He told me to let you know when I see you." That explains why I couldn't find him anywhere. "Thank you, Gudao. I will pay him a visit now." I thanked the raven-haired male and started making my way to our shared room.

----- 🌸 -----

"Merlin?" I opened the door closely, hoping that my door opening would not wake him up if he is sleeping. The lights in the room was purple and the ground was covered with flowers. It was truly a beautiful sight. I walked over to where Merlin was lying, careful not to step on the beautiful flowers on the ground.

There was a chair that was beside the bed so I walked over and sat down. I looked at Merlin's long silvery hair, so mesmerized by it to the point where I did not notice him staring at me. Without thinking, I reached my hand out to touch those silky long hair but before I could touch them, my hand was grabbed and was pulled towards the bed.

Merlin was on top of me. "Merlin?" My voice came out soft and confused but that didn't stop him from holding onto my hand above my head. "Master.. you look so gorgeous tonight." He licked his lips like a hungry carnivore, staring down at it's prey.

My throat went dry. Merlin was never like this. I used my other hand to brush his hair out of his face to take a better look at him. His face was flushed and hot. It's as though he was drunk on something. I turned my head to the bedside table, indeed there were a glass of red wine. "Merlin, are you drunk?" His eyes were so fixated of mine when he slowly leaned in closer to my face.

"M-Merlin! Get a hold of yourself-!" I tried pushing him away but to no avail. "You're always bringing Waver and not me.. Am I of no use to you now?" My eyes widened when I heard that soft voice of his. He sounded so vulnerable, just like a little kid.

I stopped resisting him and smiled, softly ruffling his hair. "You carried me all the way up to Solomon. I am just afraid you won't have enough rest." Merlin laid on me, placing his head on my chest. Only this once, I will let it slide.

"Promise me that you'll bring me with you on your next journey?" His lilac-coloured eyes were sparkling as they met mine. "I promise, Merlin." I caressed his face, slowly drifting off to wonderland. I could feel Merlin's soft lips touching mine. "You're mine, Master.."