Chapter 2

I wake up to the shrill blaring of my 7 am alarm . I forgot I don't have classes today , argh ! I must've been more tired than I thought after the dreaded party . Curse Christie for dragging me there in the first place .She knows I don't like parties ! 

Groggily reaching out from the warmth of my bed , I smack the snooze button on the damn alarm clock . Whoever invented the alarm is both a god send and a sadistic prick . So, with my eyes barely open , I trudge down to the kitchen . Where my life line was held , my saving grace , my sanity ....COFFEE !!!

As i make a cup of the magical substance that brings peace to me and those I have to be around , I wonder what today has in store for me ..

(Jeff's pov)

It's that girl again . Oh, what was her name ?Maddy ? Yeah , that's it , Maddy ! She looked at me with curiosity more than fear . Odd girl . There's something about her , something ....special . The way my scarred skin tingled from her touch ... Yes , she was very special indeed . 

She gave me a warm feeling . Maybe it was the way the fabric hugged her curves , or how it showed just enough skin without coming off as slutty . 

It wasn't just the outfit , though it most certainly left an impression on my mind . It was the way she looked unaware of her looks . How she touched my scars without hesitation . And those little gasps that made her lip quiver , sending chills along my spine .  

Looking down into those grey-blue eyes , I saw curiosity , fear ....sympathy . Wait a minute , why sympathy ? Shaking the thought , I realize I'm no longer looking at those curious eyes but rather at her mouth . 

Her bottom lip a little swollen as if she'd been biting it nervously . What had she been nervous about ?What had made her bite that soft lip of hers ? 

I bet her lips were as soft as her skin when I lifted her chin to face me , or maybe they were softer...? I wonder how those pretty little lips would feel around my -

"JEFF!!!!!!!!!"

I suddenly wake up and fall off my bed ,knocking my head on the side table . Grunting , I sit up and rub my forehead where it met the corner of the table . "JEFF?!" Of course it's him! What the hell does he want ?  "What the fuck do you want Ben ?!"

(Maddy's pov)

I lay on my bed , and finally read the last line in the novel I was reading . Closing the book and setting it aside carefully , I then jump up and throw a pillow . "What type of goddamn ending was that ?!" Retrieving the pillow I start hitting my bed with it , completely furious with the ending . 

However , my venting ....or whatever , was cut short when I heard someone open the front door  . 'Huh . That's weird , Christie doesn't get home till 2. ' Grabbing my phone , I see it IS actually 2 pm. I read for longer than I intended . Oops!

Forgetting I have my pillow in my hands , I walk downstairs to greet her. She was in the kitchen making another batch of coffee . Two cups ...she knows me so well . She took one look at the pillow and said , "Bad book ending ? " Oh yeah , she knew me well . She was practically my sister .

"Yeah , they practically killed off my favorite character and paired his wife with the villain !" I squeezed my pillow and tried so hard not to hit anything . Noticing what my poor pillow was going through , she rolled her ands dragged me into the living room  , standing where nothing else would get hit . I looked at her funny , so she opened her arms and said , " Hit me . You want to hit something , hit me ." I stare at her ....was she serious ? 

"Yes , I'm being serious , now hit me before I change my mind !" Quickly , I raise the pillow and smack the shit out of her .No way I'm letting this opportunity slip through my fingers  , not this time ! Eventually she grabbed a cushion from the couch , and started fighting back . So here we are , having a somewhat pillow fight in the middle of our living room .