Chapter 7: Welcome home

It was already dark when I Ieft the gym with Gemma. I didn't take my car that day, it was a lovely summer evening, so I decided to walk.

'Do you want me to give you a ride love?' Gemma asked putting her bag in the car

'No, thanks I will take a walk, it is nice and warm. Plus fresh air will help me sleep' I said hanging my bag on my shoulder

'As you wish, see you later, gorgeous.' She smiled and hugged me

'Call me if you need any help with the projects, I am not sure if I give you all the info' I said, taking my phone out from my bag. It was my last day before the big break, I needed it to prepare for the next step in my career.

'Don't worry about it, you enjoy your time off. Let me know when this sexy guy comes out, we need to meet. I need to judge by myself.' She laughed ' Goodnight babes ' She closed the car door and waved before driving off.

I started to walk through the park; it was a longer route but safer, less dark street and dodgy neighbourhoods.

Fifteen minutes into my journey, my phone rang.

'Here you are – I called you'- I heard Shaun on the other side, I did have missed call from him, but completely forgot to call him back.

'I was at the gym, a bit longer than I planned, they got new equipment, I had to try it out ' I laughed

'But you are driving home now, right?'

'No, I came walking. Gemma went home, I need some fresh air, I didn't sleep much in the last couple of nights.'

'She could've given you a ride.'

'Come on, Shaun, stop being so salty with her. Me and Gemma are OK now, and I don't want you to be rude to her. I know you don't like her, but at least you could tolerate her, she is my friends' Can he just let it go?

'Ok, let's not talk about Gemma, I called you because of the dad's birthday dinner this weekend. Do you think that bringing Angel will be a good idea? We've been dating for a while now, we made it official a few days ago, and I would like her to meet parents. Plus Mum was pushing me.'

'It's a great idea, but it depends on how she is feeling about this.'

'I didn't ask her yet. I wanted to know what you think first.'

'I say go for it, ask her. You made it official, plus you met her mother already, so I don't see any issues '

'And what about Damien, are you going to take him with you?' I didn't expect that question at all.

'He is not out yet, Shaun. I didn't hear from him today, he normally calls me around lunchtime even if it's just to say ''hello''. As per yesterday he still didn't have his court day scheduled so, I have no idea what is going on. I'm a bit worried about the fact that they are delaying it so long.' I wasn't just worried, I was terrified that they found something on him and will keep him in prison for longer.

'It will be fine, probably some paperwork or something. You know yourself how slow all these things work...'

'Hang on Shaun' I cut him off ' There is a police car in front of my house ' I said, looking at the police car parked on the other side of the street, I stopped and looked around.

'Police?! Maybe for next door, you know their son is just trouble, perhaps he broke another window or something. '

'Shaun, I will text you later. Everything is alright' I said and hang up when I saw why they were really there.