Bonding.... ish

She turned around. "Come in." Natalie said, despite the fact that she doesn't know who knocked. The door opened slightly, enough for her to see who was there. 

It was Octane. "Uh, excuse me amiga," He said. "You know how to make a stim?" He held out a small empty capsule. 

With a confused face, Natalie replied "A stim?".

"It's like a drug--er, not a drug. A liquid that makes me run fast!"

"You want me to make you one?"

"Si. It'll only take a minute."

She was astonished, they've only met for a couple of hours. Her laptop was still playing dog videos.

"Actually.." Octane insisted. "I know how to make one, I just need the right chemicals y'know?"

Natalie pointed at a small metal cartridge on her work desk. "Take the stuff you need, but please don't mess with anything."

Octane nodded.

Now, back to watching. Natalie thought.

Octane was searching for the things he needed in the cartridge, trying not to bust anything up. Aha! He picked up a blue and yellow formulant. He turned around to look at Wattson. She was giggling at a dog peeing while doing a handstand. Que comico. He grinned.

"Your laugh is adorable."

Natalie stopped giggling, and she looked at him. She hasn't gotten a compliment like that before. She started blushing, she didn't know what to say. They stared at each other.

"My apologies," Octane said scratching the back of his head. 

He thought he made Natalie feel uncomfortable. "...I should be heading out now, I finished making my stims." 

He headed out of her room and closed the door.

Natalie wanted to say something, but what? Thank you? It seemed sensible but she was speechless at that time. The tournament doesn't start until next week, but the practice games are starting the day after tomorrow.

Natalie turned off her laptop and went to bed.