Im Sorry

Octane POV—Octane's part of the story:

While Octane was strolling around about to enter the complex with two grocery bags in his hands, he encountered some of his fans. He threw up a rad hand sign and went into the Apex Complex, still hearing the praising voices of his admirers.

He walked to the cafeteria to find all the legends sitting together. However, he noticed that Natalie wasn't there.

He walked up to them and tapped Anita's shoulder. She turned around and almost choked on her water.

"So sorry to startle you Anita, but where's Natalie?"

"You're here? Oh, you got someone on your mind too?—wait Natalie was wondering the same thing about you."

About me? Octane thought scratching his headdress. "Where is she now?"

Anita smirked "I told her to look in our dorm, she's probably still going to be there if you hurry." She winked as she drank her glass of water.

"Muchas gracias." Octane ran to the elevator and took the floor to their dorm.

While the elevator was going up, he pondered.

She was looking for me? Hardly anybody is worried about me here.

The elevator doors opened. He noticed the door to the dorm was open and walked in; then he noticed Natalie in his room trying to read the card he made.

Octane panicked, his heart jumped.

"HEY!" He shouted at her.

Narrator's POV

Natalie startled and turn around swiftly to see Octane standing at his door.

"What're you doing in my room?!" Octane raised his voice, almost like he was mad about it.

"I—I'm sorry! I got worried and started looking for you."

"Get out!"

Natalie felt the weight of guilt on her shoulders, she shouldn't have snooped. When she rushed out his room, Octane pulled her arm; their faces inches apart from each other. Natalie blushed, her heart rushing.

Octane pointed at her face, "Don't go in my room unless I say so." He raised his voice again.

I'm just a split second Natalie went from flustered to on the verge of tears. Octane saw his reflection in her watery eyes, he felt guilty now.

No bueno. He thought.

"I—I..." Natalie's words were lost, her voice started the break. She's a sensitive person.

Just before she was about to breakdown, Octane pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry for yelling." Octane whispered to her and brushed her hair.

Natalie hugged back as tightly as she can, her tears started running down her cheeks. "I shouldn't have done that." She said sniffling.

"It's okay, you were just worried about me." Octane said brushing her hair again.

Anita stood at the door of the dorm room and started clapping slowly. Octane and Natalie stopped hugging and Natalie wiped her tears and turned around quickly.

"Well well well, I expected this. But I won't get in the way of it." She stopped clapping. "Alright, imma take a nap in my room. See you in a few." She walked herself to her room and closed the door. Now it's just Octane and Natalie.

It was 2 PM now.

To break the ice, Octane said "Um, I'm actually going to take a nap too as well." Scratching his headdress.

Natalie acknowledged and allowed Octane to get in his room. Before he closed the door, he looked at Natalie again.

"You're lucky your adorable." He said patting her gently on her hair. He closed the door.

Natalie blushed and she slumped upon her bed.

No more snooping Natalie, or you'll embarrass yourself again.

She started contemplating.

What are your feelings for Octane?

That question still echoed in her head.

Octane POV—after he closed his door

He slid down his door, still in guilt, and looked at the ceiling. The smooth white ceiling.

He sat there staring blankly for about a minute. Did she read the card? He thought.

His eyes widened and he rushed the table next to his bed.

It was still there, but there was no reason why Natalie would take it from him anyways.

Phew, she hasn't read it yet.

Honestly, I forgot what wrote in this thing.

He sighed, took the card, laid on his bed, and started reading it.

Dear Natalie,
Ever since I saw you at our door on your first day, my heart locked onto you.
Your blue ocean eyes, soft blonde hair, and a smile that I will never forget.
I didn't what to do, so I panicked and did what I always do to newcomers, become cocky and whatnot.
That probably weirded you out.
All I'm trying to say is
I lo—

Octane stopped reading. His insides felt weak and rolled his eyes in annoyance of how insecure he feels about reading something he wrote. It's only been two days since they've met, and Octane already has fallen for her.

He hesitated, but he crumpled the paper into a ball. He wasn't thinking at all; he threw it into the trash can next to his door. "I'm pathetic." Octane thought to himself rubbing his hands on his face, cringing.

To forget about what he just did, he decided to take a nap like he said.