11 || 𝟏𝟔 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐑𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍

Finally, it arrived! With Christmas just around the corner, Osa was shopping with April, learning more about herself here and there, and then she remembered that her birthday was coming up.

This evening, Osa took a quick flight outside the lair, feeling the freedom and the chilly wind through her feathers as a little golden finch. As she looked upon the city, she saw how much snow was covering it up. Most of the ground had been hidden, and the curtain of snow falling had blurred a lot of the city from the sky. Osa tweeted and chirped happily in the wind currents, bursting out her joy. She began to make her way back to April's apartment which is full of decorations and a few surprises.

"Looking good, guys," April said, decorating the apartment with lavender and daffodil-colored balloons. She takes a glance at Mikey in the corner blowing up balloons. "Mikey!"

"Sorry!" His high-pitched voice is cloaked with helium.

Mikey always does this. Every single time a helium tank shows up in front of him, he has to amuse himself. He enjoyed making his voice very high-pitched to be a total goofball.

April chuckled at the young mutant turtle. "Osa is out flying around and I told her to come home in about five minutes."

"Five minutes?!" Donatello freaked. "That's like a minute for me!"

"Why are you freaking out?" Sparking up Raph's interest as he tied balloons to the dining chair, he answered his worried brother.

"No reason." Donnie wheezed nervously.

Then, a couple of light taps at the window alerted who was inside the apartment. April came to the glass and let Osa inside. "Well, hello, tweety bird." April chuckled, holding her index finger out for Osa to perch on. "Happy birthday."

"Thank you." Osa chirped, looking around the living room and kitchen. The entire apartment is colorful with lavender and daffodil decor. The decorations were beautiful and created a new memory for her. She won't forget spending her birthday this way-- with her family as a shapeshifter. "Wow." The little yellow bird flew off April's finger and landed on the floor, shifting into her normal form in the middle of the living room. "This is great." She smiled.

"Does it look all right?" April asked.

"Yes." Osa nodded. "I love it." She hugged April, seeing her mutant family already sitting at the table. "You're all here."

"Of course," Leo says to her. "We can't miss out on your sixteenth."

It seems so surreal... Well, sort of. Osa doesn't remember the last fifteen birthdays since those memories were robbed from her. Today, she gets to relive her special day surrounded by those who love and adore her for who she is. "Sixteen," Osa says. "I don't remember the last fifteen years." She laughed.

"Well, you get to celebrate many more!" Mikey said with a smile.

This is so special. With who she is now, she can embrace this day by connecting with each brother, Splinter, and April. Osa loved it when they sang to her, blowing out those bright candles, cutting the vanilla cake into many pieces, and sharing a ton of laughs. Shortly after eating cake and ice cream, Osa looked at her family sitting at the dining table and said, "I don't feel sixteen," She smirked. "Well, obviously. Sacks did that damage..." She crossed her arms against her chest.

Leo patted the shifter's back after watching her mood sadden on her special day. He wanted to comfort her before she ended up shedding a few tears. "Aw, Osa. I know it isn't fair."

She listened to the blue leader as her head hung low with her hands sitting in her lap. In the chair, her tail swayed behind her and Osa gazes up at Donnie and speaks a few words no one thought she'd say today. "Is there a way for me to go back?" She questions, causing the family to go silent and exchange glances, unsure how to respond. To go back? As in becoming human again? Regaining her memories?