Author's Note

Hi there!

Thank you for reading my story. It's short, but I think it effectively describes the possible origins of a horribly destructive historical disease, inline with the Miraculous Ladybug universe. 

Although the show has canonically shown Adrien being struck by the Cataclysm twice now--once where Chat Noir disintegrated in Volpina's illusion and once when it only incapacitated him--I couldn't shake the notion that the Cataclysm would do something far worse to a person. When I learned about the ancient Miraculous holders and Plagg's part in the extinction of the dinosaurs, I thought, what if the Black Plague was a disaster caused by the Cataclysm? 

In my story, Xap Myyp does not have an equivalent Ladybug partner. I'm imagining that the Mongolian invasion caused a lot of confusion and distress within China, and many Miraculous were lost or traded along the Silk Road. I'm also theorizing that while another Ladybug may have existed at this time, the Miraculous Ladybug is not a cure-all for everything bad. Otherwise, the world would be perfect after the first use of the Miraculous Ladybug. For the purposes of my story, the Miraculous Ladybug only cleans up messes related to the conflict in which the ladybug Miraculous took part, which is why the Black Plague doesn't disappear for a long time.

I have so many other thoughts on this subject and ideas to expand the storyline further, but I'll leave you alone for now ;)

Please let me know what you think of the story and if you want to hear more by leaving comments and voting. I'd love to hear your kindly-worded, thoughtful, constructive feedback! 

Don't forget to share this story with your friends if you like it!

Have a wonderful day!

--Susie