Part 10

Six years ago, Kushi Patel, daughter of Mr. Dev Patel and Mrs. Suganya Dev Patel lived in a house where Shashi is living now presently. It is purely a coincidence that there was two Kushi. Kushi Patel is beautiful as Kushi Gupta. She is a silent girl who is talkative only with her family. Opposite of Patel’s house, the Raizadas were living. The women of the two houses became friends but not the men as they were pretty much busy with their work. Arvind Raizada would always be committed with work and comes home late. So, he just heard stories of Patel from Ratna. Anjali was same as Kushi Patel. She too is an introvert for others. Ratna and Suganya would always talk in the evening and sometimes, Kushi would give her entry with some snacks for them. They would have a slight talk. Kushi Patel have a sister, Preeti. She was married then and was living in Coimbatore.
Arnav was doing his bachelor’s degree. One day he happens to see Kushi Patel in his house with a bowl of kheer. Arnav had to receive her in the absence of his mother. He didn’t mind it as he fell in love at first sight. From that Arnav was interested whenever Ratna mentioned about the Patels’. He got to know that they were living here before they shifted here. Arnav had seen Mr. Dev Patel but hadn’t had a word with him. He would come out early to catch a look at her but he couldn’t. He gets her is his sight rarely. That’s how he fell for her more and more.
After three years, the Raizadas shifted to Coimbatore from Chennai. Within next one year, the Patel family shifted and then came the Guptas. This is the history. (Hope you all understood by now that Arnav loves Kushi Patel and not the Gupta)

***
At midnight, Kushi got up sweating. She saw herself in the bridal wear and slowly got up trying not to wake up her husband. But Kushi was unknown that Arnav was not asleep. Kushi unzipped her bag, took her night clothes and changed into it. Arnav saw what she was doing and closed his eyes when Kushi came. She came back washing her face and put her hair in a high messy bun. She saw Arnav was facing her back.

Kushi (mind): Is he hiding from me something? I thought today he would say how he loves me but something is definitely wrong.

She felt sad for him and also for not making the first day special. She had some expectations. She wished that they would be talking the whole night how he saw her first, how he loved her, how he stalked her and what not. But all her dreams where broken. Again the ‘first’ doesn’t comes.

Kushi then moved towards Arnav and Arnav was like ‘what is she doing?’. Kushi put her hands slowly over him and hugged him slightly not to disturb him but for Arnav it was like, she caught him tight. It was suffocating for him. Kushi kissed his hair and went to sleep. But it was a bad night for him.

Arnav (mind): What is happening in my life?

***

Ratna too was sleepless like Arnav. Aa a mother, she had to clear out everything before it self, but she was careless as she believed in her son.

The next morning, Kushi was made to do pooja. Kushi did her duty as a daughter-in-law perfectly.

Arnav: Kushi?

Kushi: Huh

Arnav: Don’t take me wrong but I had to go for my work

Kushi: I know that your work is critical and also that you are currently suffering from some case that even you didn’t have time for your wife yesterday to speak a few words.

Arnav: Am sorry, Ku…

Kushi: I was just kidding. Here is your lunch box. Have a nice day. Hope you solve your problem soon.

Arnav nodded his head and went. As soon as Arnav went out, Kushi’s face drained and Ratna saw that.

Ratna:  I really feel bad for her.