Part 12

Kushi: No ma, he is staying in his friend’s house.

Ratna: What function?

Kushi: Naming ceremony. His daughter-in-law has given birth to a child after so many years. So, they are celebrating it in a grand way.

Arvind: When is he coming here?

Kushi: He is coming two days later.

Ratna: And you are saying it now?

Kushi: No ma, I didn’t believe him. He said be two weeks before. I asked him to send his tickets but he forgot. So, I thought he was playing.

Ratna: Okay, okay. Arvind, ask him to come here.

Arvind: That’s what am doing.
***

Arnav tried to forget Kushi Patel and he was likely to succeed. He wanted to say the truth to her but he couldn’t. He didn’t know how Kushi will react. At the same time, he saw Kushi’s weird behaviour. At the starting phase of his marriage, Kushi would daily give him good night kisses but she stopped suddenly one day. He got used to her kisses.

Kushi: Arnav ji, here is your file.

Arnav: Kushi, I will be late today.

Kushi: Okay.

Arnav: Kushi, is something bothering you?

Kushi: Wh…y are you asking…?

Arnav: Now a days you are not ki… I mean behaving weirdly.

Kushi: Like?

Arnav: You are… ah not talking with me properly.

Kushi: No, I thought not to disturb you as you are busy with some case. Aunty told me.

Arnav believed her and went out. Kushi sat in the bed with a thud. She was looking at the door after Arnav went.

Kushi: When will you love me, Arnav ji? It’s all because of your carelessness. If you would have sent the letters to that Patel then I wouldn’t have been in this situation. My heart will not be broken as of now.

Arnav heard everything from outside. He felt miserable for her.

Arnav (mind): Kushi, I am sorry. I will stop find Kushi Patel, FOR YOU.
Even though Arnav thought of leading a new life, he was searching for Kushi Patel as he wants his heart to be at peace. But now, he wants Kushi’s heart to be at peace.

That evening, Arnav came home with a flower in his hand. He went directly to his room. Kushi was there folding the clothes thinking something.

Arnav: Kushi, am back.

Kushi just nodded her head. She saw the flower in his hand.

Arnav: Kushi, can you turn around.

Kushi turned around without asking any questions. A Kushi expected, Arnav was pinning the flower over her hair-red rose, a symbol of love. Instantly, her heart was taking part in a marathon. She closed her eyes tightly and caught her saree in her hand making her saree form creases. Arnav smile seeing his effect on her. Kushi was breathing heavily as she felt his breath on her neck. Before Arnav could pin the flower over her hair, Kushi’s hair was tied tot a messy bun. Arnav slowly took his hands to let her hair flow and, on this process, his hands touched her shoulder and this sent shiver to both of them. He carefully let her hair fall down, unclipping. He then pinned the flower.
Arnav turned her slowly to face him. She looked into her eyes. She clearly saw his eyes felt pity for her and Arnav saw love in her eyes. Arnav took back the hair strands behind her hair. And cupped her face and kissed on her forehead.

Anjali: Oops! I am sorry Bhabhi.
Saying this, she ran.
Arnav and Kushi moved away from each other.
Arnav: Kushi, am sorry for not giving time for you. Hereafter, I will see to that.

Kushi stared at him blankly not knowing what to say.

Arnav smiled.
Kushi: I can understand.

Arnav: I had my work done and so, I came soon with a flower for you.

Kushi popped his head up hearing ‘FOR YOU’. She just murmured a thank you.
*** 
At the dining table, Arnav was irritated with Anjali.

Anjali: Maa, Kushi Bhabhi is beautiful with that flower on her head, right?

Ratna: She is always beautiful

Arnav: Unlike you.

Anjali: Then buy me and give. I too will look cute.

Arnav: No, the word beautiful and you are pole apart. So, don’t dream.
Kushi chuckled.

Anjali: Bhabhi? You too?

Kushi: No, Anju. You are always my cutie pie.

Arnav hit her head and took her dosa from her plate this time.

Arvind: Again, you started.

Arnav: Okay. Now, I wanted to say that Aman has invited us to attend a function. He called everyone one of us.
He eyed Kushi.

After the dinner., Kushi and Arnav went back to their room. Like always, Arnav expected a good night kiss but she didn’t. He immediately kissed her cheeks and winked at her and went to sleep.

Kushi touched her cheeks with a blushing face.

Kushi (mind): Does he love me?
She was feeling like a eighteen year old girl who got kissed by her boyfriend. He didn’t face her as he didn’t know how she would react. Kushi was looking at him dearly.

Arnav sensed that Kushi is not disappointed and said: I thought you would give me like you do before but you didn’t.

Kushi was now at the peak of blush. Her face was all red and she covered her with her quilt and laid down. 

After two days, Kushi got ready in a beautiful saree. Arnav came home soon in a hurry burry. Kushi was not in the room but with Ratna.
Ratna: Kushi, has your father arrived?

Kushi: Yes, aunty.

Ratna: Okay beta. Tell Arnav to come soon. It’s already late.

Aman is a great friend of Arnav and their families became close to each other. They became friends after Arnav had solved a great case for Aman and he too did some help to Arnav. They became really close. This is the first time they are going to see Aman’s family. Aman’s wife had now given birth to a baby after 9 years. Aman’s father is a close friend to Shashi. Garima too knew them. Kushi was too small to remember anything. So, basically the Raizadas and Shashi were going for the same party unknown to each other.

Kushi ran to her room carefully. Fortunately or unfortunately, the door was open. At the same time, Arnav came out with towel around her waist. Kushi suddenly turned around.

Kushi: Arnav ji, aunty said you to come fast as we are late.

That’s when she noticed Kushi was there with her back facing him.
Arnav: Tell maa, that I will there in five minutes.

Kushi: Okay.

Arnav: Kushi, please can you help me?

Kushi turned slowly.

Arnav smiled: My shirt. I will put on my pant and come. It’s getting late.

Kushi took out the shirt and within that Arnav changed into his pants. Kushi gave his shirt and tried to leave but Arnav held her hands.
Arnav: You look beautiful, Kushi.

Kushi: Thank you.

Feeling shy, she ran out. Arnav thought so. But he is unaware that she was shy to see him like that-shirtless as he was trying to get ready soon.

Kushi was wondering how come he change in these two days-romantically. She blushed and Anjali nudged her with her teasing. Ratna felt that something bad is going to happen. She didn’t feel good to go for that party but they had too. All of them got into the car and was going towards that party.

To be continued…

--------------------------------------------------------
Dated: 08-12-2020

Yours,

Lily