⌜One⌟

"Haha! Feminine bitch!" One of the boys from the upper class yellled out followed with strings of laughter that boomed the hallway. Jaebeom cringed and quickened his pace, patting Sunoo's back.

So much for being the upper class and the "role model". Jaebeom thought rolling his eyes. It's always like this. Eversince they were caught trying out facial products meant for women in the boy's restroom - which belonged to Sunoo's mom - these boys taunted them non-stop, tormenting them with their ruthless homophobic words. And now, since the situation got worse by them dragging more people into this, they've been splashed at, shoved around and gossiped about.

Welcome to Suwon Academy.
A catholic school that follows the biblical principle or saying that homosexual people will rot in hell and IS a sin. Where people having interests in the same sex gets punished and treated like an outcast.

Both Jaebeom and Sunoo never believed that, though.

They made their way to the entrance and towards the back of the school where the school's forest was located. It is not often the students would come here, usually the two would see children playing hide and seek around those massive trees. Today is a special day. Only the two of them have the whole 7,388 acres of the forest area all to themselves. For now.

Which to them is convenient.

"They're so ugh!" Sunoo stomped his foot on the soil crushing the leaves underneath. Jaebeom flinched. "I hate this school, beomie."

"Me too. But don't worry, we'll graduate and fly out of this school and become very successful! It's a promise." Jaebeom smiled and patted Sunoo on the shoulder. Though, Sunoo didn't look quite pleased so much for Jaebeom to expect at all. The frown that clung to his lips was heartbreaking to see. He hated this look on Sunoo's face, it's not so 'Sunoo' when he looks like that.

"Please do. I wanna get out of here..." Desperation laced in his tone. If Sunoo told his mother about his situation, by now he wouldn't be standing with Jaebeom. He would've transferred into another.

But he didn't want his mother to worry about him anyway, he'd feel guilty about it. And seeing his school tuition bill he accidentally stumbled upon while his mother asked him to grab the vase for her, Sunoo wouldn't dare get transferred over some situation he can deal with just fine and have both his parents suffer with the fee.

All he can do is ignore it.
Atleast that's what his father would say. Be tough, you're a boy.

Sunoo lamented at the thought and shook his head.

"Have hope, Sunshine." Jaebeom puckered his lips and nudged the boy's arm.

"I'll try."

"Don't just try, do so!" Jaebeom took hold of Sunoo's wrist and led him towards the huge fountain located at the middle.

"I'm still quite bummed you aren't coming to the competition. It'll be soooo~ boring." Sunoo sighed.

"I can't help it. I wanna come but my dad says no. I guess next year." Jaebeom shrugged.

"Next year is too long, though."

"Unless you keep yourself busy, that's when time will start to quicken its pace."

Sunoo laid his hands on his hips and leaned forward. "Then I'll drown myself in homework."

Jaebeom snorted. "Ew, homework. Who are you?"

The male rolled his eyes and turned to Jaebeom.

"Hey, the youngest contestant on the ice skating competition is our age only. Nine years old!"

Sunoo's eyes widened. "Really?! Darn."

"Right? If my mom found out about this, she'd sign me up for skating." Jaebeom shivered. "I hope not."

"Same. Let's not remind them."

The two boomed the forest with their giggles. The competition is three days apart and it's already a hot topic amongst his area. Maybe he's the only one not excited about it as he'd most likely cheer in a deadpan manner. Hopefully his mother would be caught up with those figure skaters for her to not notice at all.

.
.
.

"ACK! It is said that actor seung-ho will be one of the judges as HE was an ice skater professional himself! Yah! You better come with me and my son!! And let's ask him to picture with us!!"

Sunoo's ears were shielded by his palms in an effort to block off his mother's stentorian squealing. There she goes again, rambling over the competition that is only three days ahead, and his mother's been chanting the names of the contestants as if she's in a concert.

The thing is. She's not even in a concert but in her own home, imagine how loud she can be in the skating competition. Sunoo better bring his cousin's headset and enable the noise cancelation setting if he wants to last the first five minutes in the stadium. Plus multiple layers of jackets so he wouldn't get those frostbites, as what Sunoo would call.

Sunoo's skin is quite sensitive especially to cold. But it isn't really serious.

He set down his notepad and rose from the floor. Sunoo couldn't study in peace. He made his way over to his mother and tugged down her sleeves to catch her attention.

The mother, with her phone pressed against her ear turned around, shooting the boy a questioning look.

"Mom. Please turn it down. I'm trying to study." Sunoo had this pleading look. His mother had her lips parted and nodded, giving him a thumbs up before turning back to the table.

With a smile plastered on his lips seeing that his mom's voice tuned down as requested, he happily returned to his room to continue studying. Sunoo glanced at both sides of his room. No screams, no noise. Perfect.

Just as he was about to write down, a scream shot up from the back startling Sunoo causing him to drop his pen.

He glared at the door.

.
.
.

this is a bit short. But i promise to make a longer chapter :)
i hope you enjoy !! Stay safe wherever you are!