Chapter 2

Oh, I forgot to add before. I will use ** to signify scene changes or a switch in perspective. Not sure how often I will use this, but I saw someone else using them and I thought it was pretty neat. 

I'll try not to let myself forget :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

They met with Hermione's parents at Diagon Alley, who intended to pick her up. 

Much time was wasted though, as the trio went alone to do their things and the two families stayed behind to chat. The Grangers were fascinated by Arthur's work in the muggles department, which delighted him; he did not get to talk seriously about it with others often, since most serious wizards mocked his work. Regardless, they conversed for hours, sharing tidbits of their lives, relishing that both families were so incredibly different.  

The Grangers enjoyed indulging themselves in conversation with the Weasleys and had willingly accepted Molly's offer of having Hermione stay with them until the end of the summer. Naturally, Hermione was ecstatic-- it's not that she wasn't happy with her parents, but she always felt free with the Weaselys, especially alongside Harry and Ron. She was forever grateful to have met them, and she tirelessly reiterated this fact to Molly, thanking her time and time again for letting her stay with them for such a long period. Naturally, Molly dismissed this with a wave and a smile.

"You and Harry are always welcome, you are part of the family," Her kind words resonated with Hermione. Family, a family filled with wizards, unlike her own. God, how long she had imagined this life. She was forever grateful to her parents, who had so graciously supported every single one of her steps in life; and had pushed her into becoming the great witch she knew she would inevitably become. But a family of wizards? A family capable of teaching her things about magic she did not know? A family of wizards that didn't make her feel like she was no more than dirt beneath their feet? God, truly, how long she had wanted this sort of life. 

She expressed her giddiness by taking Ron and Harry-- for what felt like the one-hundredth time-- around Diagon Alley, wanting to enter every single shop as she bought her family time to bring her some extra clothes. Arthur, Molly, Mr. and Mrs. Granger, laughed at their antics before saying a quick see-you-later, the Grangers urging them to wait a little longer while they brought their child's supplies. 

******

"You know Ron, I think getting a new one would suit you," Harry joked as Hermione begged Ollivander to just 'let her have one more look' at the wands, which she found fascinating. 

Ron rolled his eyes, "Why's that Harry," Harry let out a quiet, breathy laugh. 

"I just think you know... I'm sure Ollivander HAD to have picked the wrong one. There's no way anyone could struggle so much with magic otherwise."

"Ha. Ha. Ha," Ron responded, sarcastically, "My wand is perfect, and so is my aptitude for magic, thank you."

"Right right," Harry seemingly ignored his response, "Wouldn't hurt to try? I'm sure Hermione would agree," Having heard her name Hermione jerked her head around, giving the poor Ollivander a break. 

"What about me?" Hermione Interrogated.

"Oh nothing," Harry smiled, nervously, "I just thought Ron could try out new wands that might... you know... be a better suit for him?"

"That's ridiculous, Harry. I'm sure Mr. Ollivander wouldn't make such a mistake. He never does," Hermione smiled back at the man, half-hoping her complement would get her to her goal.