Chapter 24

Chapter specific warnings: none

Silence.

Silence so heavy that it threatened to suffocate every single person standing in the common room. It was Eijiro who dared to speak up first. He couldn't believe what Katsuki had revealed, it didn't make sense.

"Katsuki, I've known (y/n) all my life. I know her dad and," he pointed at All Might. "This ain't him."

Katsuki clicked his tongue. "You think I'm fucking lying? Ask him yourself!"

All eyes turned from Katsuki to their teacher, trying to gauge his reaction. All Might stayed silent for a few minutes, clearly contemplating on what he should say. Eventually, however, he let out an exhausted sigh. "It's true... (y/n) is my daughter. It was never meant to come out, especially not like this."

"But I've met her parents so many times. It doesn't make sense," Eijiro said, his confusion only fueled by All Might's confession.

The latter was sighing again, and it started to show just how tired he was. "(y/n)'s mother and I were together a long time ago. We kept it a secret as I didn't want to put her in the public eye. It would have been too dangerous, and she didn't want the attention either. It worked, but there were so many close encounters where we almost got caught. It put a strain on our relationship, and when she told me she was pregnant... we both knew that we couldn't raise this child together. Just one wrong move, and it would have put the baby's life in danger. So we split up, and (y/n)'s mother found someone else to be by her side to raise our daughter. It was hard, but the only way to keep them both safe," the former number one hero said. His eyes showed his profound sadness, and his students felt bad for him. "At least we thought that it would keep her safe."

"When did (y/n) find out?" Eijiro asked. It was evident that he wanted to know just how long his best friend had kept this secret from him. He couldn't wrap his head around the idea that you had been All Might's daughter all this time and he had had no clue.

"She thought I was her uncle until she was ten years old. Then she started asking questions, and we told her the truth. I hate myself for putting the burden of this secret on her. But it seems that it won't be a secret for much longer. That is if that's the reason they kidnapped her."

Katsuki scoffed. "Of course, that's the fucking reason." He was still pacing through the room. "That's enough sad backstory, old man. Can we get back to what's really important?"

To everyone's surprise, Izuku cleared his throat. "I know that (y/n) his your girlfriend, Kacchan. But that doesn't give you the right to talk to All Might that way. Just because he's her father doesn't mean you can drop the honorifics around him."

Katsuki stopped in his tracks and glared at his rival. "I know you're his fucking fanboy, but get the stick out of your ass. It's none of your business."

"But Kacch-" Izuku tried to protest.

He was quickly interrupted by his mentor. "It's okay, young Midoriya. It was me who offered Katsuki to drop the honorifics," he said and immediately looked over to the blonde. "Because we're family now. So please, Katsuki. Try to calm down. We'll get her back, together"

Katsuki's expression hardened. "I don't give two fucks about any of that sappy shit right now. I want my girlfriend back, and you're all just standing there talking about bullshit like that."

On any normal day, someone would have intervened and told Katsuki to tone it down a bit. But this time, nobody dared to put him in his place. Everyone else could only imagine what he was going through so they let him be, hoping that letting out his frustration would help calm him down.