Chapter 4

Standing in my room, I find myself gazing out the window into the forest around us. The sun may be out and shining brightly. But all around our haven is dark. Darkness, a deadly darkness that suffocates us.

"Will I ever find a brightness, in the middle of all this black."

My voice travels across the wind softly, that makes its way through the trees and blows into my window.

"What if in the past, I met my mate. However I never knew it." A sad whisper escapes my lips at that very thought.

None of us have met our mate, so we don't know what it feels like to see them. We heard stories, that it feels like the world comes to a stand still when you lay eyes on them. Then the moment you look into one another's eyes, the mating bond takes effect. However you only have one month to form this sacred bond, or you lose out on love forever.

"It's such a cruel sick fate." A chuckle escapes my lips, as I sighed out defeated. "To meet your one and only mate, but then never be able to touch them if they don't form a bond willingly. Though what vampire wouldn't willingly make the bond?"

It's a sad truth. What every vampire wants more than anything, is to find their one true mate to live eternity with.

The five of us never talk about finding our mates, but I know they want it too. Even a blood lusting vampire like Blayze, wants to find his mate. Without our other half, we feel empty. Almost like we don't have a purpose really.

"I hope one day I will find you."

My hands cause frost to form on the window sill, as I place them upon the wood softly. My icy blue eyes gaze into the nothingness that surrounds us.

"My destined mate, I would even harm you with my touch. Maybe it's best we never find one another. You would be happier not finding me, then being with a monster like myself. A monster whose touch will harm you."

These thoughts always plagued my mind. In reality I have indeed given up any hope of a chance meeting with my destined mate. Though deep in my heart however, I can't give up that longing.

Gazing out the window, I pushed it opened feeling that cold breeze that travels through the darkness. Placing my hands together I close my eyes, and feel the chill come to my hands. A soft blue glow forms in between them both.

Upon opening my eyes, I hold my hands out before me. Opening them I see white soft snow in my pale hands. Raising them up before my face, I blow at the soft powdered white substance, watching it catch into the breeze. Soft snow flakes float down to the ground, over the roses.

That would be a miracle. Finding someone who truly thought my gift was beautiful. Closing the window frost forms on the handle, as I remove my hand from it. Staring at my own reflection shimmering in the frosted window. My eyes are the same bright blue of the first frost. Skin pale white, just like the snow and ice my touch creates.

"One day, one day I will find them."

...