~{Hearts Warming Ball pt.2}~

"Welcome to The Hearts Warming Ball!" Twilight would call from her throne that sat behind a table filled with food of all types. The room had a warm glow to it from the torches and the warm food placed on the multitude of tables. The royal family sat in the front of the room in front of a grand portrait of the previous royal sisters Celestia and Luna. Star would race up to the table and sit at her seat that crowned her cutie mark in the back's headboard. Solar would be sitting across from her smugly smiling at Star who was redder than an apple. "Had fun with River Breeze?" Solar would call as Twilight and Flash began to eat. Stargleam would drop her fork "N-no! We just danced is all" She would quickly shove food into her mouth looking away from Solar. "So that wasn't you kissing up River Breeze in the corner of the ball room?" That comment would make Flash look over at Star who was now covering her face with her hooves. "Don't mention that please! Let's just finish the dinner" She would eat another bite as Flash opened his mouth to say something but stopped when he saw Twilight glance at him. Ponies kept the room upbeat as the food slowly was eaten up. Star finished her plate and looked among the crowd but could not spot River Breeze which made her heart sink to her hooves. 'Had she gone?' She would think. "It's time to cut the cake! Come on" Twilight would gracefully lift from her throne and walk to the giant cake that sat in the middle of the room with Flash and Solar following behind. Star sat in her chair still looking for River but was interrupted by a quiet "Psst!". Star would look down from the elevated floor where the table sat to see River standing at the bottom. Star would smile as she got up and glanced to see if her family was distracted then continued to River. "I thought you had gone for the night!" Star would trot up to River but not a second later be snatched up by the blue Pegasus. "I got something to show you" River would fly out of the dining room quickly so no one would notice. "What are you doing? If my family sees I'm gone they'll kill me!" Star would panic as River bolted outside the castle and into the garden. The garden was now way bigger and was decorated with intricate ice sculptures and one of them being herself along with the rest of her family. River would halt at a gazebo that had fairy lights stringed on the roof. Star would hear a snap and music would fade in from out of nowhere. Snow would fall on her mane and showing coat which would make her shiver. "It's freezing out here" Star would huddle next to River for warmth. "Here" River would take off her jacket and draped it onto Star which didn't help much but she didn't refuse it. River Breeze would lead Stargleam under the gazebo as the music softly played. "May I have this dance" River would bow holding out a hoof as Stargleam chuckled. The two would begin to dance "How come you took me out here in the snow to dance?" Star would ask. "I wanted to have some time with just you. This night is beautiful despite the snow." River would glance around at the snow that was now silver in the bright moonlight. Star had to agree as she followed where Rivers eyes went around the garden.