The Nature of Curses

Listen, this is not a story about mere curses or about princesses or about evil darkness taking over the world or about letting the romance drive the couple to happily ever after about a special hero that overcomes by willpower alone.

It is about empty cause...belief without support.

At the heart of me, I plead you closed to my voice. I am afraid. This is bold truth, and I'm not going to condemn, for I myself have been condemned. I have seen the Judge's power. I fear it.

This is my depth of my soul you are hearing. I am opening. I'm a wary sojourner. This is a story I have heard, a story of truth.

Here is my plight.

I am contorted by a curse. You may nodded and say okay that's bad, but you don't understand.

Curse are the most awful of judgements. They play with you. They like to have fun with messing with your life. Curse don't destroy you right away. That is simply too easy.

What? Did you think that people became bad guys overnight?

Well listen close because curses are not that way at all.

Instead, they'd rather let you think that you have a way out. They lead you on to believe that you have the ability and the power sufficient enough to overcome them. But, it is during this time that they slyly roll you on your back and expose you to the world. They show the world what kind of man you truly are. You have no worries, though.

After all, you see yourself as seriously at an advantage since you ARE amazingly gifted.

In the meantime, curses contort themselves to conquer your life. While you are discovering the hope and dreams in the shoes of someone else whom you are not, curses find your buttons-your weak points. Don't think you have any weak points? Sorry to say this, but you're halfway defeated already.

Someday battle will start. You will do rather well in the beginning. It's entertaining to find oneself prevailing over a powerful force. You may actually begin to enjoy it, when suddenly, you are thrown off to the side. You fall because you find that you are abruptly equally matched. Now, this is not merely an ordinary dark version of you. I told you before that curses do not like to make things easy.

You will encounter a more mighty self that is empowered by shady depths of the very nature within the curses's being. Once you are entirely conquered by the curses, your empty shuck of a body attacks those closest to you. If they love you, they will die trying to save their poor murderer.

This is the way curses operate. They find satisfaction in obliterating everything close to the host. Friends, family, parents, siblings, the love of your life, you name it. Frankly, they must enjoy having their job well done.

Yes, it is true. I see curses as animate and living. Don't tell me they aren't. I've warred against one all my life--a very, very powerful inherited curse, and it stuck at every single sick weakness that I had.

But you see, I wasn't submitting. I'd hate myself to give up without a fight. No. I might have been a poor, miserable and lonely boy, but know this--I had a spirit like no other, even at the fragile age of fifteen. I was Fetoven Vas, and I was not about to let any dark force take me and make me into something I willed not to be. I would challenge everything that dared to thrust me against my conscience.

Even fate.