• Forever, Maybe •

Dedicated to Jiya ( @jiya070 ) - It's not exactly what you wanted, but something on those line.

Note - flashbacks in bold.

• ♡ •

Shivaay couldn't digest Daksh's words. It had been more than eight hours since. He hadn't slept well or at all. Why would Daksh say something like that? Anika agreeing to sleep with Daksh for money, for fifteen lakes? No way. The Anika he knew would have taken off her slipper and beaten that man into pulp who came up with such a horrible proposal. He recollected how he had headed to Daksh's room and talk to him about the previous night, to reiterate hi warning. Touch Anika and he  would have his hands broken.

▪ ▪ ▪

He stopped outside the guest room that Daksh had occupied. He tilted his head peeping in through the partially open door. He froze momentarily, his eyes widening a wee bit. What was Anika doing in Daksh's room early this morning? He felt his heart skip beats. He looked around and saw Daksh wearing his tshirt, standing hardly a foot away from her. Anika's back was towards him. She was bent forward, busy tucking the bedsheet.

"I challenge you that Anika will spend the night with me, in my arms, in my room, on my bed!"

He was astounded as he saw Daksh take his own time to button up his pants while staring at Anika's behind. His hand balled dup into a fist. How dare he! His jaw tightened, was Daksh right? Did Anika sleep with him? He flung his fist in air in exasperation, something just didn't fit. Was Anika really that kind of a woman? No. No way. She was made of self respect and took pride in her dignity. There was something that just didn't fit right.

Dejected he made his way to the kitchen. "Good morning!" He wished Saumya who walked past him with a smile and a cheerful greeting.

▪ ▪ ▪

His mind was clouded. What did Anika take the money for? Maybe Daksh was right... no. Anika just didn't fit in what Daksh told him. Why would Daksh lie? 

But Anika did take the money from him. He hated how Daksh had his finger on her lips and that smile on his face that Shivaay wanted to claw down.

He looked up suddenly, feeling she was looking at him. He was right. She was right there, at the entrance of his room.

▪ ▪ ▪

Shivaay was in the kitchen when she entered looking around. "What are you doing here?" He asked. His words coming out a little sharper than they intended to. 

"I came in last night..." she mumbled looking at him. He had behaved rather strangely last evening. She was still mad at him fir literally shoving him into the back seat of the car, asking her to go home. There was a certain madness in his manner last night, like if she didn't go home the world would collapse.

Shivaay's hand halted as he was whipping the eggs. "Why?" He almost whispered. It felt like someone had sucked out all the life put of his body. His heart seemed to have forgotten to beat. She was actually owning it - that she spent the night with Daksh?

"Daksh had called me last night," she told him. 

"Fine." He uttered looking down. This was it. She was owning it up.

"Actually, Daksh wanted ..."

"I don't want to know." He muttered, trying to focus on making his breakfast. Anika was his fiancee. People did have premartial sex. Big deal. But Daksh's words bothered him. Daksh had said he'd leave Anika. Did Anika know that? Had Daksh told her that?