Chapter One

Aidan's P.O.V.

It was finally the end of the year, and I couldn't wait to get my party on later that night. I was throwing a New Year's Eve Party, and I invited my friends from The Umbrella Academy and NRDD to celebrate with me. We were still living in Toronto because we had a few scenes we needed to shoot before Season 3 would be ready to be released. (This is if COVID never happened, btw.)

I was in the kitchen, getting a few snacks ready before the party started in an hour. "Mom, did you get some non-vegan options for the guests?" I asked. "Yeah, they are in the fridge. I got them done last night, remember?" she answered. "Oh right, I remember," Even though I was a vegan, I was still going to have some non-vegan options for my guests. I had also invited two of my best friends, Trinity and her sister, Y/n.

Before I left to work on TUA, we spent a ton of time together. We would sit at the piano working on music, and it was fun to work on projects with them. Trinity and I would do duets to some of our favorite songs, while Y/n was more independent and wanted to work on her own music. She had recently finished working on a song. But I hadn't heard it yet. But, she did tell me that she would be playing it for everyone at the party.

"Alright, I got the shrimp platter ready, and I think that's the last of it," I sighed, satisfied with how it was laid out on the counter. I looked at the time, and I saw that it was already 6:30 pm. Thirty minutes left already?! I quickly ran to my room and made sure that everything was straightened up. If Trinity, Y/n, and I wanted to get away from the party for a while and work on some music.

The doorbell ring, and I quickly ran down the stairs, almost tripping on the last one. When I opened the door, I saw that Trinity and Y/n were at the door. "Hey, girls! Come on in, Happy New Year!" I smiled, inviting them inside. Trinity and Y/n hugged me, and I was so happy that they were able to fly out to Toronto to join the party. "We missed you so much!" Y/n muffled into my shoulder as she wrapped her arms tightly around my back.

"I missed you too," I smiled. It took a while for us to pull apart. But when we finally managed to do it, we stood there, blushing and smiling at each other. "Aidan, close the door! Your letting the cold enter the house!" Mom called out from the kitchen. "Oh, sorry Mom!" I said, shutting the door behind Trinity. They took off their coats, and I hung them on the rack behind them, and I gave them a quick tour of the house. It had a small backyard, a kitchen, a basement, two bedrooms, and two small bathrooms.

"This looks place really cozy!" Trinity said when we were finished with the tour. "It is, but it's not the same as living back in LA," I sighed, sitting down on the couch. Trinity and Y/n sat down on the opposite sides of me, and they talked about how life had been for them, with Trinity working on covers for YouTube and Y/n talking about trying to land a recording deal with her original songs.

"I can't wait to hear your new song at the party tonight. I know it's going to be amazing," I smiled. Y/n's cheeks began to turn a bright pink, and for a moment, I saw that beautiful twinkle in her eyes that only appeared when she was happy. "Goddamn it, Aidan! You're making me blush!" she smiled, trying to cover her face.

I heard the doorbell ring, and the three ran towards the door, racing to see who was going to answer it first. "I'm gonna get it first!" Y/n said. "No! I'm gonna get it!" Trinity said, playfully shoving Y/n to the side. "Not if I get it first!" I chuckled.