New Case

Just like any other day. Walking into work with my head down, yawning into my jacket sleeve as I stepped into the elevator. It was 6:30 a.m. , always way too early for me.

I took a sip of my coffee when the elevator doors opened. I sauntered to my desk, pulling off my jacket and sitting down. I noticed as I sat down that there was a manilla folder laid on my papers. On it said my name in all capitals, MISS OLIVIA JOHNSON. I opened it, knowing it would have to be another case.

I work for the RCA, or as it stands for, Runaway Criminal Agency. People like me, investigators get cases often on people police and the FBI are suspecious of being a runaway criminal in California. Our job? We must follow the person everywhere and get any evidence or clues and put them together to see if this person really committed the crime, or if it is just a false accusation.

I have been working for the RCA for 4 years, meaning I was 15 years old when I started because my father is the main boss. I live with my best friend Skylar, who also works with me. So yes, I might still be very young, but I have had tons of experiece.

I scanned the case papers inside the folder, and nodded. AC- Jaidon Brooks, 19 years old, male. Suspecious for murdering Avallana Rossman, 18, female. Currently in Melbourne, Australia.

As I read over a few of the notes, I heard footsteps in the hallway. My dad peeked his head in my office. "Hello Liv. Did you see your new case i left for you?" I nodded. "So what am I supposed to do?"
"Well you're going to go to his school as a new girl and try to become friends with him. Like any other case, just see if it was him."

He walked away, and I looked through the folder again, this time finding two pictures  at the bottom. They were taken from the security camera from the scene, and were zoomed in close to see a faint tattoo on his arm where his shirt sleeve was rolled up..

I have to fly in tomorrow, so my dad let me go home early and get some rest. It was around lunch time, so I picked up some pizza for Skylar and I.

"Hey Sky. How are you doing?" I said setting the pizza box down on the table and grabbing two water bottles.

She coughed. "Feeling better than earlier. Did you get a new case?" "Yeah, it's in Australia."

Skylar walked over to the table covered in blankets and grabbed a slice. I opened the folder and showed the profile picture of the accused criminal 'Jaidon Brooks' and to be honest, he was pretty hot..

"Damnn he's hot. I'll come with." We both laughed. After we finished, we both went upstairs and packed our stuff, not knowing how long we were going to be there. The rest of the night went normal, Sky made pancakes for dinner and we curled up on the couch watching 'American Horror Story' until she fell asleep. Like the good friend I am, I carried her up the stairs, since she was pretty light.

Her and I both went to bed, and the big day was to arrive soon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Next Day>

Sky and I were at the airport at 7:00 a.m. , playing trivia crack with eachother until I beat her.

"Damn it Liv you always win !!" She screamed. Everyone around us looked at her, and laughed. When it comes to competitions like that, Sky gets pretty competitive :P.

When we were ready to board, we handed the person our passports and got our seats. Sky got seated somewhere different than I did, so that kinda sucked. I found my seat, and thank god, I got the window seat. Soon after, a guy put his suitcase above our seat and sat down next to me. He was pretty cute. Tall, brown eyes and hair, and a hot cheek piercing.

"Oh hi. I guess we got the same seats. I'm James." He said, sticking out his hand.

"Hi, I'm Olivia. But you can call me Liv." I shook his hand, and laughed.

"Hello Liv. You're going to Australia too?" He had this really cute Australian accent, so I could tell he was from Australia.

"Yeah, I'm going for my j- I mean, I'm going to visit for a while." He nodded.

"Well as you can already tell, I'm Australian haha. I was just visiting a friend here in Cali."

Him and I talked for a while, and he did mention something about being in a YouTube group called the 'Janoskians'. I've never heard of them, since I guess I'm never really on social media a whole lot. He talked about the Janoskians for a bit, saying they've been on world tours, T.V., and have a huge fanbase. I was surprised I haven't heard of them before.

I finally fell asleep listening to Sam Smith's album, and woke up to James tapping me on the shoulder.

"We're here." He whispered. Everyone was already out of their seats, heading off the plane. When I got off, I found Sky.

"Oh so who's this?" She said, nudging my shoulder as James walked off the plane with me.

"Hi I'm James. Are you guys sisters?" He asked.

"Nah, just friends." Sky said. They shook hands, and James waved to someone behind Sky and I.

"Sorry guys, but my ride is here. Maybe I'll see you around sometime?"
"Yeah. Bye." I said. He waved to us and jogged over to his friends. I could of sworn one of them looked familiar. James pointed at us, and his friends glanced. That one guy just kept staring at me..

When Sky and I got our suitcases, we rented a car and found our rented apartment.

We unpacked our stuff and went out to eat, and see what Melbourne was like. I really want to find out who that guy was.. He looked so familiar..

And thats all I thought about when I went to sleep. I'm gonna find out who he was.

A/N
Well I started a new account! My other one wasn't getting anywhere so, new account, new story!

I hope you like it so far! It  may be a little boring at first, but trust me I'll try to make it better as it goes on. Comment and vote for me to update hopefully soon! :)) <3