Brooklyn - been forgotten

"Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man's growth without destroying his roots."

                                - Frank A. Clark      

        The rain was pounding down the street she walked on. She was shivering and felt the cold seep into her clothes.

         Damn rain.

         Damn job.

        Damn spring.

        Damn everything. 

        She was in a very foul mood. Brooklyn's job had decided that today, the day when the sky decided to piss on everything, was the day she had to do some mandatory over-time. It was just her luck. To have to walk to work because all of her so-called family all had to do something. Whether it be practice for cheer or football, or some charity event, they were all gone and Brooklyn's car was in the shop.

        It was just great.

        It wasn't unusual for everybody to be away from home. Brooklyn's parents were hardly ever there and her siblings were the biggest socialites. Brookyn was always either at home or work or school. She went to night classes, as she thought it would be best to avoid anyone who shared any DNA with her. 

        When she finally reached the old diner, she shook her brown hair out like a dog. She walked towards the back to put on her apron and name-tag. It wasn't the best job, especially when she had to deal with snotty kids, but she loved it.

        The best times were when she was working with Willow, her closest friend, and they would guess people's life stories. It was a lot more fun then it sounded. 

        Sometimes it was hard to be around so much food. To watch people eat so much and not caring about how it made them look.

        But sometimes it was great. Sometimes she could imagine that just serving it was enough. That even though she didn't digest it, she helped someone else to and that made her feel less like some disease ridden girl.

        She knew it didn't make sense.

         And she didn't care.