Chapter 5

Akaashi was shaken from his nap, warm hands pressed firmly on his shoulders. He peeked one eye open, seeing bokuto standing in front of him trying to shake him awake. He closed his eyes again, rolling over and trying to fall back asleep.
"Sabiii~ he won't wake up."
Akaashi could practically hear the pout in his voice, feeling the bed shift next to him.

"He doesn't really like his wings touched, do that and he'll geddup."
She shouted from the other room. Bokuto reached forward, taking hold of his wings as he immediately jerked them back, shooting up as he leapt out of the bed as fast as he could.

"Coming! I'm awake I'm up."

Bokuto couldn't help but chuckle, but he also knew that it wasn't that Akaashi didn't like his wings touched, it was that he liked it too much, making him vulnerable, and that was what he didn't like about it.

He followed the smaller boy out of the door, to where Sabi was making dinner.
"Bokuto went out, caught some fish. Dunno how, don't care. You slept for quite awhile, Keiji. Its already 8pm."

He gave her a shrug, already knowing he wouldn't be sleeping tonight. His wings ached as he stretched them out, his body feeling refreshed but sore.

"If you need to Keiji, you can go to the hot springs. That'll help your body feel better, and you'll be clean from that hardwork."

She received a hum in response, but Bokutos face lit with joy as he took his plate from Sabi.

"You guys have a Hot spring near here, too?!"

Sabi chuckled at his childish reactions, grabbing her own plate to go and sit down. Akaashi drowned out their laughter, taking his plate before walking out the door, calling for Taji as he sat, waiting for the Owl to show up. Bokuto went to follow before he was stopped by Sabi, who grabbed his forearm and lead him to the couch.
"We need to talk before you go out there and join Keiji."

"Sure, what Is it?"

She gave him a serious look, worry clouding in her eyes as her grip on his arm tightened.

"You know who he is, don't you?"

He gave her a nod, furrowing his brows as he scanned her features.

"And don't think I haven't recognized you, Koūtaro. I know what breed you are and what your job to the Royal line is. All I ask is that you keep him safe, and watch over him. Its your duty, after all."

He gave her a soft smile, putting his hand atop of hers, giving her a reassuring squeeze.

"Don't worry, I would never go against the prince. Does he not know who he is?"

"He thinks he is nobody. He knows nothing, and I plan to keep it that way if he is to stay alive."

"I understand, Sabi. I'll take care of him even if it means my life over his."

She had light tears in her eyes, a soft smile spreading across her face.

"Thank you. Now go join him and Taji."
He stood, leaving Sabi to her own thoughts.

_________________________________________
"So Akaashi, how old are you?"

They leaned against the large owl, feeding her small pieces of fish as they sat next to eachother, resting their wings casually against the others.

"Seventeen, how about you?"

His face lit with joy as he replied, clearly ecstatic.

"Eighteen! Only a year older than you."

He finished his plate, allowing Taji to lick it clean before standing, folding his wings as he put it down on the porch, making his way to the Springs.

"Where ya going, 'Kaashi?"

He smiled at the small nickname, turning to face Bokuto and Taji.

"The Hot Springs, care to join?"

_________________________________________
Yaga 😩