Chapter 15, New Friend

September 17th, 2008

Cassidy's POV

I jolt awake, still in yesterday's clothes. Shit I fell asleep crying. Well that's great. I look over at my nightstand at my clock, which reads the time 9:37am. I get up to take a shower and get ready. I'm meeting Spencer at his apartment.

As I get into the shower, all I can think about is Aaron's letter. Was he really going to leave Haley? Was this some ploy, to try and let me become his mistress? Whatever it was, it's not going to work. I can't let him back into my life that easily. Why should I?

I get out of my shower, and now I have to pick clothes. I decided to go with my new cardigan and lacy top that went with black tight trousers. I walk to a mirror, to get a view of my whole outfit. I feel great, and my ass looks good.

I finish with that, and I curl my hair. I fluff it up a bit, to give it a somewhat messy look. I brush my teeth, and look at the time. It was now 10:50am. I took a very long shower. I get my makeup, and apply some lightly.

When all was said and done, it was only quarter past eleven. I grab my phone, and sit on the couch. I waited for thirty-five minutes before I got up, grabbed my things, and left the apartment.

As I left, making sure the door was locked, I waited anxiously for the elevator. Why am I so nervous? This isn't even a date. It's just coffee, and besides Spencer is like eight years younger than me. I get into the elevator, and wait for it to go down.
    Once I was off, it wasn't hard to find his apartment, considering it was the same letter as mine. I knock on the door, and wait patiently. Spencer opens it moments later and says, "Hey Cassidy. Come in, I just have to grab a couple things and we can go."

I walk into his apartment, and see how clean it looks. While his apartment is the same layout as mine, it looks like it's hardly lived in. I see his bookshelves lined up with first editions, and I marvel over them. He has great reading choices.

"Okay, are you ready?" He asked, and I turned around to face him. He's in a blue plaid shirt, with a purple tie, and a sweater vest.

"Yeah, I am. I was just admiring your books." I say, and we head for the door.

"Well, if you see one you want to read, I'd be happy to loan it to you!" Spencer replies, and I smile.

He's so sweet. "I might have to take you up on that offer sometime." I say, and we walk out the door.

In the elevator, it was peaceful but we had to break the silence. "So, what do you do for work?" He asks me.

"I'm a nurse. I work three days a week normally, but I have no social life so I work four most of the time. How about you?" I ask, knowing full well what he does.