CHAPTER 1: EYES OPEN

SHUHUA'S POV

Weird feeling. Unexplainable atmosphere. A loud beeping noise fills the whole room. My throat felt so dry as if I haven't drank water for days.

"What a bad dream." I thought to myself, breathing deeply to control my racing heart.

"Shuhua-yah..."

This isn't right. A deep feminine voice calls my name. I can assure this isn't Elkie's, but I can't distinguish who's voice this could be.

I slowly move my eyes open, wincing in pain every time the light hits my sight. My vision was spinning around, hurting my eyes even more.

All of the sudden?

The girl next to me was crying soundly, her soft hand holding mine.

"Stop crying." I said with a husky voice.

"Shu! Are you okay now? You scared the shit out of me!" She exclaimed, visibly surprised when I spoke.

Curious about the girl's identity, I fixed my gaze to her waiting for my vision to stabilize. But as soon as it did, I quickly took my hand away.

She's not one of Elkie's friend. I roamed my eyes around, this isn't Elkie's room. This room has a boring aura and the pattern is confusing to be called a guest room.

And realization hits me like a dodgerball. How did I understood every foreign words she spoke?! What the hell is going on?!

"Where am I?" I began to feel anxious.

She sniffed. "In the hospital. You've been out for a week."

"No, where exactly am I?"

"At Seoul Hospital?" She tilted her head, confused.

"Seoul..." Already?

"I-In Korea?"

"Are you high? Of course you're in Korea!" She stood up. "Wait here, I'll call your doctor." She was about to slide the door open when a certain question made her stop.

"Who are you?" We were both surprised. She looked at me in disbelief while I'm looking at her, lost.

"Excuse me?"

"Wh-who are you?" I asked again, anxious about how she will response.

She laughed, not taking my question seriously. She stares at my nervous expression for a couple of seconds before she realized I was genuinely asking, her laughter dies down.

She mumbled something before dashing outside.

---

"I'm going to ask you some questions, okay? Please answer it honestly." The doctor who introduced himself as Doctor Lee pulled out a pen and a paper.

I felt uncomfortable, I see no one here, only two of us.

"You don't have to be afraid Miss Yeh. Your friend is just waiting outside with your other friends, they'll be here soon after." He gave me a plain smile. "Now, shall we proceed?"

I nod while fidgeting my fingers.

"What's your name?"

"I-I'm Yeh Shuhua."

"Your age?"

"16."

The doctor took a quick glance before continuing.

"Date of birth?"

"January 6, 2000."

"Do you know what year it is today?"