Chapter One: The Mystery Behind His Eyes

I'm on my way to college. The college of my dreams, Harvard. I'm leaving everthing behind. My home, my family, my best friend. Dane. Dane is  one person I will miss more than anything. But truthfully, I'm not even sure where he is. He broke my heart a few days ago. He just seemed to have left the face of the Earth. He left and never came back. It destroyed me. There was just a note on my bed, 

"Cassie,

        I am leaving town for now. Maybe forever. You may see me around, if you look hard enough. It kills me to do this, but I must. I can't bare to see you leave and go across the country to, yes the college of your dreams, but not of mine. I'll never see you. We've been best friends since, well since I can remember, and I thought maybe one day we may be more than friends. Truthfully I love you Cassie. It hurts to even write this, let alone say it. So once again, you may not see me for a while, but I want you to know I've loved you since the day I met you. I was just always to chicken to tell you. I'll see you again one day. Good-bye Cassie. 

                                                                                                                                                                                Dane"

        So as I go down the street to the airport (because I live in Califirnia) I keep re-reading the note over and over. There's not hint on where he is. None. While I am wondering were he may be, I get a text. 

        It's from Dane.

        "You're gonna see me soon, Flight 645."

        That's my flight. That's my flight! Is Dane going to come with me on my flight to New England? I really want to see him before I leave. I really hope he is there. I'm having a mini party in the passenger seat when my dad asked why I was so happy.

        "Dane sent me a text and told me I'd see him soon, and told me my flight number! Dad what if he is there! What if he's going to come with me? Dad I'm freaking out! Should I respond?"

        "What did you say honey? There was a good song on. Something about Dane was it?"

        "Dad! I sai-  never mind. I'll figure it out myself, but yes it was about Dane." 

        I decided to respond. 

        "Does this mean you're going to be on my flight? I really need to see you Dane. I can't leave with out saying good-bye. Call me when you get the chance." 

        My phone made the dingy noise it always does when I get a text message.

        "Well, I guess you'll find out once you get to the airport Cassie." 

        I hate it when he uses my first name in a sentence. That means he's serious about something. Is Dane coing to the airport? Is he coming with me? I wish my dad could drive faster. We still have an hour until we make it to the airport. So the agonizing wait begins.