Royal Introductions

It all happened so fast, but as promised, Byleth was moments from her death. She acted quickly, and ran in front of the girl faster than before, her sword ready to counterattack. When the man dropped his arm to strike Byleth with his axe, she struck it, sending it flying behind him. Byleth then kicked the brute, who fell over easily. The two others and Jeralt reunited with Byleth, all gleeful over their victory. They stopped speaking to each other when they heard nearby galloping. They heard a voice draw near.

"The Knights of Seiros are here! We'll cut you down for terrorizing our students." The remaining bandits immediately began to retreat from the village once they'd heard the man. "Hey, they're getting away! Go after them!" the same man commanded to the knights around him. The man approached the group, "The students seem to be unharmed, and who's this?" He was a large man with an oddly shaped moustache, and slicked back brown hair.

"Ugh," Jeralt complained after the man came closer, "Why him?" It was someone Byleth didn't recognize, apparently her father did.

"Captain Jeralt? It is you! Goodness, it's been ages." The man was obnoxiously happy, practically yelling to those right in front of him. "Don't you recognize me? It's your old right hand man, Alois! At least, that's what I thought of myself." Jeralt looked to Byleth with an annoyed face, he would have to tell her all about this one later. "Must've been twenty years ago when you disappeared without a trace, I always knew you were still kickin'!"

Instead of simply telling the oaf to shut up, Jeralt managed to cough up a generous response, "Just as loud as ever, Alois! And drop that 'captain' nonsense, I retired from that title ages ago." Jeralt saw the man's heart drop as he continued speaking, "I'm just a wandering mercenary now, one who has work to do.. good-bye, old friend."

Before Jeralt could turn away from him, Alois put a hand on his shoulder. "Before you try to get away again, I insist that you return to the monastery with me!"

Byleth hadn't a clue what they were speaking of, but Jeralt seemed reluctant to comply. "Garreg Mach Monastery, I suppose this was inevitable," he shook his head as he spoke.

"And how about you, kid? Are you the captain's child?"

"That is correct." Byleth replied.

"I knew it! Physical differences aside, your mannerisms are just like your father's." Byleth looked at Jeralt, seeking recognition. Jeralt shrugged in return, they both didn't agree with Alois' observation. "I'd love for you to see the monastery too. You will join us, won't you?"

"I go where my father goes," Byleth said plainly. Jeralt sighed at her response, he really wasn't excited about being brought back.

"What troubles you, Captain? You aren't about to run off again, are you?" Alois said with a chuckle. Byleth couldn't find the humor in his words.

Jeralt rolled his eyes, "Even I wouldn't dare run from the Knights of Seiros." They seemed to have concluded their conversation, and began to follow the knight.

Just as Byleth was going to join them, she heard a voice, "The Knights of Seiros, they do seem rather skilled." She scanned around her, attempting to find the source of what she heard. There wasn't anyone nearby, but it sounded like someone was speaking right next to her. "It seems your presence is required. Get going!" That voice again, Byleth recognized it this time. It seems the girl from her visions was speaking to her in the real world now. She obliged, and began to head in the direction Jeralt and Alois had.

As she made her way, the three students from before stopped her.

"I appreciate your help back there. Your skill is beyond question," the pale girl complimented her, perhaps repaying her for her aid. "You're clearly an experienced mercenary. And your father, would that be Jeralt, the Blade Breaker?" Byleth hadn't heard of that nickname before, since when was her father well-known? "Former captain of the Knights of Seiros, oft praised as the strongest knight to ever live. Have I missed anything?"