Conversion (3)

"Mama," Shimin's voice broke through, tears streaming down her face.

"These boys saved your mother. Kagaro Riyu and Yone Ken. Boys, she is Shimin. Shimin Jaienta," Puroto introduced, acknowledging their heroic deed.

CHAPTER THREE
NOTHING TO DO WITH HISTORY

Present
JEO headquarters

In the corridors of the UA headquarters, Captain Shibuyu trailed behind Kagaro, her mind buzzing with questions. "Captain," she called out, her voice laced with uncertainty.

Kagaro continued walking, not bothering to turn around. "What is it, Shibuyu-san? You've been following me since we left the assembly room," he noted.

Shibuyu took a deep breath, gathering her courage before pressing on. "Captain! What are your plans for the new agents?" she asked, her voice tinged with urgency.

Kagaro finally turned to face her, his expression unreadable. "What do you mean, Shibuyu-san?" he inquired, taking a step closer to her.

"I mean... will you allow them to remain part of our team, the UA unit?" Shibuyu clarified, her words coming out in a rush.

Kagaro paused for a moment, considering his response carefully. "Yes," he finally replied, his tone firm. "Despite their questionable past actions, the spirits have chosen them. Momoko and Jenna may not realize it yet, but their stars have already chosen them as their masters."

Understanding washed over Shibuyu as she absorbed Kagaro's words. "So, are they also considered the secret weapon of Team Nine?" she ventured, seeking further clarification.

"For the time being," Kagaro confirmed, reminding her of Commander Awara's directives.

With a nod, Kagaro turned and began to walk away, leaving Shibuyu to contemplate their conversation.

As Kagaro disappeared from her view, Shimin entered the room where Jenna stood alone, staring out the window. Shimin approached her quietly, gently tapping her shoulder to get her attention.

Jenna startled slightly at the touch but quickly composed herself. "I thought you had gone home," Shimin remarked softly.

Jenna shook her head. "I thought I'd stay here until headquarters close and leave with the rest of the team," she replied, her voice quiet.

Curiosity piqued, Shimin turned the conversation to Jenna's star. "What's your star's name?" she inquired.

Jenna's gaze remained fixed outside as she answered, "I don't know. I haven't used it much."

Surprised by Jenna's response, Shimin pressed further, asking about her enrollment exam. Jenna's explanation only added to the mystery, leaving Shimin intrigued.

Shimin chuckled at the memory of her own enrollment test before sharing the name of her star, Moichi.

Jenna seemed taken aback by the revelation but quickly recovered. "That's great. You must be strong," she commented after a moment.

Shimin chuckled in response, downplaying her strength. "Yone has the most powerful star," she remarked sarcastically.

Jenna's next question caught Shimin off guard, revealing her knowledge of rare stars like Satar. Shimin was impressed by Jenna's insight, wondering which star she possessed.