(Ranmaru x Sara x Joe)

TW: None
Ship: Ranmaru x Sara x Joe
Type: Angst
Title: Soulmates who weren't meant to be
Notes: So this is basically one sided because I am in immense amount of pain and need to vent so, vent fic ig??

Ranmarus POV-

"Hey Sar-Bear!" I said waving as I approached Sara. "Good-afternoon, Snowball!" she giggled. That alone was enough to make me get butterflies.

I admired everything about her. From her smile all the way to how she can comfort people no matter what. Sara and I got eachother through some tough times. We told eachother all our secrets. We just...clicked ever since we met.

But...she has another friend of hers.

Joe Tazuna. I know he's a good man. Nice, sweet, caring, honest, optimistic. He's everything I'm not and I hate him for it. I want to be as perfect as him. But how do I stay happy all the time?

"Ranmaru? Ranmaru?!" Sara said snapping her fingers in my face. A light pink spread across my cheeks. "Ah! Sorry Sara, thats so embarrassing!" I chuckled putting a hand on the back of my neck. She giggled with me, "Dont worry Ranmaru! It's kinda funny when you do that!"

I smiled, remembering something. "Hey Sar! Are we still on for our trip to the mall and spending time at my house?" Sara's smile faded. A look of guilt spreading across it. "I'm really sorry, Ranmaru. It totally slipped my mind and forgot. I made plans with someone else...I'm so sorry." She bowed.

"Hey hey hey! Don't worry about it Sara! We can always go out later! Plus we have all the time in the world. Who are you even going with anyways?" As soon as I said that, someone put their hands on my shoulders. I flinched forward, only for Joe to walk to Sara's side and place his arm around Sara's waist.

"Hey Sar-Bear. Ready to go?" Joe asked, giving Sara a kiss on the cheek. "Sorry Ranmaru. I promise we will spend time together soon!" I looked up only to see that Sara and Joe walking away. I felt like running up to her. But my legs wouldn't move.

After a bit, I gained the emotional support to get my legs moving again.

Why did this feel so wrong? Like I was letting go of my one true companion. Someone who I wanted to be by my side forever. Whenever I'm with her...my stomach twists and turns and burns. Its like my heart has a string attached to her and I'm just being pulled to her. No matter how hard I try to get her off my mind. It doesn't work. No matter who I get with, she just feels right.

I arrived to my home shortly after. I walked in and my mother was sitting on the sofa. "Hi mom." As I was about to go up the stairs my mom asked, "How was school today?"

I started to fight back tears. I held it in, no matter how much I wanted to cry, I wouldn't do it. Not in front of my mom. I gathered enough mental strength to not cry and I took a deep breath. "It was good!" I looked over at my mom and smiled.

"Good good. Is Sara still coming over? Are you guys still going to the mall?" I froze halfway into walking up the stairs. "Uhm oh yeah...She had to cancel. But its okay! Theres always a next time right" I quickend my pace to get up to my room.

"Its not always guaranteed, tomorrow. If you still want to go to the mall then you can go. If you need anything just ask." My mom smiled at me. "Thanks mom! Love you." I went into my room, hearing a faint 'I love you too,' as I shut my door. Hearing that made me smile but immediately it faded.

Sara. She'll never love me the way I love her.

'I need to get my mind off of her. Maybe I'll go to the arcade inside the mall! Thats my happy place!'