Chapter 7: A reason to stay

No one's POV

"Carrie? What are you doing here?" Gumball said with a confused look on his face.

"Where have you been? Everyone is looking for you! How could you do this to everyone? What were you thinking?" Carrie said with a worried voice.

"Oh! So suddenly now everyone cares about me? Tch, what a cliché! Well anyways I was just waiting for everyone to leave so I could grab my clothes and leave this letter for Darwin since I wasn't able to say goodbye to him" he said with an emotionless look on his eyes as he grabbed his backpack full of clothes.

"And where are you going? What's the point of this? Attention? Don't you care about your mother? Your father? Your little sister? Darwin? What about... me?

"They'll be fine, I'm just a nuisance for them, I'm making them a favor, and no... this is not for attention, in fact, I'm doing this so I can go as unnoticed as I can, there's no reason for me to stay here, not a single one, I have been alone lately, I have been walking discovering places I didn't knew, and I felt, I felt happy with myself you know? I won't be putting people in dangerous situations"

"Are you just plain stupid or what Gumball? They love you they want to here with them... I want... No! I need you here with me Gumball"

"Oh come on I'm not that stupid, I'm not falling for that one, besides, I was made for this, I can take care of myself, and the fuck do you mean with being here for everybody? Listen Carrie, you don't owe me anything ok? If you are feeling bad for using my body, it's ok I made that decision you don't have to make up with me or anything all right? It was just a favor, between friends" he said with a little smile on his face.

"It's not about me using your body Gumball for fuck's sake! I never meant to use you the way Penny did! I know I was a piece of shit to you and yet you... you stayed with me, you kept helping me, lending me your body, lending me your help, lending me your friendship! But can't you see that I'm feeling something beyond friendship? Gumball I had never realized how much you cared for me! I was so inside my idea of hating everybody just because some were pricks towards me, but I never realized until a few days ago that I was doing the same with you, so please, please stay!"

Carrie was yelling at him, in tears, with her voice cracking all over the shouting, and Gumball just stood still, as he just looked down to hide the tears on his face.

"Give me one good reason, one just one, to stay here Carrie, in a place where everybody hates me" he said as he tried to contain the tears on his eyes.

Carrie couldn't hold it anymore, she just hugged him, she buried her face in his chest as she started to cry, holding him as if it was the last time she would see him, holding him as if he was his last good memory.

"Because I love you Gumball, because I love you and I'm scared of losing you, I'm scared of you leaving, and that every time that you remind me, you remind me as the ghost girl who used your body to eat, and not as the ghost girl that was the love of your life"

Gumball hug her back, with a soft touch.

"You are just saying this to make me feel better" he said as if he was hurt by the word Carrie had spoken.

"That's the worst thing Gumball, maybe if I truly loved I would just let you go and be happy, but honestly, I'm doing this for myself, because even thought I have no heart, when I realized how much I loved you, I could swear, I could feel my heart beat again, please forgive me for doing this to you" Carrie said as she looked at Gumball's eyes.

"I, I don't know what to do, I want to leave so everyone will stop bothering me, but, but I, I want to stay at the same time now, Carrie, how long have you been feeling like this for me? I'm confused I can't understand, everything it's so difficult, but, but do you truly mean this Carrie? Do you truly love me?" Gumball said confused, as he walked towards the window.