Letter 1: The moving out

"Dear diary, it's me...

Today we'll be leaving to Derry, again. I cannot remember much about my hometown, nor the people who lived there with me, my parents and my grandmother. Everyone knew each-other on that small village. I sorta feel like I kinda remember Ben Hanscom, Mike Hanlon, Bill Denbrough, Eddie Kapsbrak, Richie Tozier and Beverly Marsh; they were my childhood friends after all, right? How could I not remember them?

I'm scared... scared they won't remember me; scared they'll tear me apart; scared they'll ignore me. I feel this stupid knot on my throat and guts, is this even normal?

Anyways, I'll catch you up later, I'm leaving already."

I always tend to write things on a blackish rough-surfaced agenda my grandmother gave me as a birthday gift when I was thirteen, when I was leaving Derry... now that I'm eighteen, I feel like, after this five years of confusion and weird events, I can say the only thing I remember about Derry is the seven names of the people who I can say, were my friends; but hey, as what I said, just the names... what if they weren't even friends of mine and I, as every time I overthink, am simply just trying to make things easier to myself imaging they were friends? I guess there's one way to kn-

— ••• are you ready to go? Snowflake's ready, she's waiting for you on the basement. Make sure she's okay before we leave Denton.— My mum interrupted my thoughts. Oh! Did I forgot to say? "Snowflake" is my grandma, I nicknamed her after a Christmas party in which she got fully covered in snow and came into the house dripping it on the floor. I wanted to know whatever she needed and make it come true; I loved her.
— Yes, going...
As I went downstairs I heard whispering, she seemed to be talking to someone, but was she?
— Snowflake? —I asked, wondering around my Denton's house basement, trying to search for my grandma, trying to believe mum.
— Down here, •••. I was- come here and see...
She handed me a book, that read big "HISTORY OF THE OLD DERRY: ORIGINALS," I knew where this was going to lead us, to lead me.
— Have you-... read this? •••? —She took my hand and putted it on top of the first page of that huge book. I was shocked, scared and trembling.
— I haven't. I don't want to.

I mean, she was expecting me to read the history of Derry? Why? I- last time I tried reading it, I saw a terrifying picture of a man who seemed to be working on a circus, and behind him, on the sepia picture, there was an enormous advertising that had "PennyWise: The Dancing Clown" written on it, and a shivering came across my spine. From down to up.
— He was my dad's friend, you know that? He came to every family dinner we had, gave me many toys and private shows, he was loveable and cute with everyone who crossed his path. I believe maybe that's why he did it. One day, he disappeared, without leaving any clue, he didn't even left a letter. We were all surprised, but more than that, we were sad about him leaving us. But that's what people do, •••, they leave. —She said holding back her pure tears.
— Snowflake...
— No, you must stay silent. Okay? It's alright. What I truly wanted to tell you, why I called you down here to this dirty basement, is because I need to tell you, to take care of all your seven friends, those amazing kids- teenagers who are strong enough to bear fear and monsters. Don't ask me why, don't wonder why either, •••.

I was lost, lost on my thoughts, lost on her sayings. Why would my grandma say such bunch of things that I struggled to comprehend, I mean, I didn't remembered my friends at all, just their names. How could I take care of the unknown?

We arrived at Derry, it was hot enough to transform an ice cream into a watery milkshake. Why? Oh god, why? Why did we arrive at this precise moment in temperature where we need to place the whole house furniture in? Goddammit, I cannot believe our terribly incredible luck. I-
Yes, again got my thoughts interrupted.
— •••? Is that you? Fuck! What a stupid question, patient zeros, little dipshit. —A googled boy giggled, he seemed to have pretty black hair and little freckles adorning his pale covering.
— I- Um-
— Tozier? Oh gosh! Long time no see! You're such a big and strong man now, from what I can see! How has your mum and dad being? Are they still working on the hospital? Do you still live on the same big beautiful house crossing the Jackson street?— Ding ding! Saved by the bell, aka my dad. He saved me from being more awkward than I can be with-... WAIT! Richie Tozier?! One of my friends?! IT'S HIM! Finally...
He smiled big and winked at me to then, turn again to look at my dad.
— What's up Mr.