tokyo (5:44pm) seattle (12:44am)

we live in different time zones, different countries... different lifestyles— yet somehow we found our way to each other... through an app.

november 27th, 2020: it was just on thanksgiving day, when you first texted me. at that moment, after the thanksgiving dinner... i was just laying on my bed, when suddenly, i got a text message from my language learning app— "hellotalk" i opened the app up— and your llama profile picture made me interested to see what kind of person you are. i wanted to learn japanese anyways, so this was a great chance. but then— i scrolled up. it was a boy. i haven't had a boy try to learn english from me... so it was quite surprising. you waved to me. 😊👋🏻 and i—ha, waved back.

i have to be honest, the first time i met you was like you were my long-lost friend. i kept smiling whenever you texted me... not knowing that you surprisingly lightened up my dark days. some days when i was feeling down, you'd text me coincidentally— and although you're still learning english, i really did appreciate you spending your time to text me... 🥺

december 5th, 2020: i guess this is another entry... but you said you had a test coming up this week— and it's already Sunday for you... 😔 you should take a rest though, don't be so hard on yourself. maybe someday... just maybe... you could read this by yourself. maybe we could laugh together about how stupid this is, or maybe you'd think that this is cute. 😊 i wouldn't know... but yeah, maybe i do miss talking to you. and yeah, maybe i am trying to restrain myself from texting you so that i wouldn't bother you... but i'm really wondering what you're doing right now. you were online before... (uh oh stalker vibes~) i guess i haven't felt this way about a guy before— you're the first one to make me smile this much. you'd make my world ten-times better. (ugh. cheesy i know.) but did you know that there were multiple guys who tried to talk to me on hellotalk? does that concern you? would you care? you know, i kept wondering about that. but... yet, i couldn't bring myself to say hi to the other guys back because it just didn't feel right... so i just deleted them off. (ugh. why do i make it seem like your already my boyfriend. f*ck this is embarrassing.) did i catch feelings? i really don't know. i don't know my own feelings, yet— a week ago, you said "you make me happy" that was cute. when i replied to you, i made it seem like it wasn't such a big deal... but sh*t— that made my heart skip a beat. when i replied i said "no one has ever said that to me before" and i really do mean it. no one said that to me before. you kept making my heart skip a beat... who wouldn't fall for you? but i'm trying to stay strong here. i'm really restraining myself from texting you right now. i really want to tell you that you did well on the test, even if i don't know if you did. i want to be able to praise you. i want to make you feel like i'm a reliable person, and that we could be great friends, even if we don't end up as... uhm... haha... something... more? i'll be sure to update this everyday... could you guess when he'll text me?