Constellations

Important: Percy and Annabeth never fell in love, it was a childhood crush that was never acted on.

A few years ago...

Third Person POV

Artemis and Percy were at a cliff where they usually went to. This was where the moon met the ocean and the tides, with the forest right below them.

"Artemis, it has been a fun experience living and guarding your hunt. During those days, I have found myself to be more connected with you, in a way that is not friendship, but love." Percy said.

Artemis had tears of happiness forming in her eyes at the very second.

Percy continued, "I cannot imagine life without you. I promise to never leave you, no matter the situation. So Artemis, will you marry me?"

She leaped up in joy, hugging and kissing him.

"Of course! I also promise to never leave you."

Percy slid the ring onto Artemis's finger, and both of them ran off into the forest, hands intertwined.

A few days ago...

Percy was sitting at a library. The type that has papyrus scrolls instead of modern books.

He was in a state of depression. Everyone thought he was dangerous and weird, because his wife was Artemis, the man-hating goddess.

The campers started to ignore him. Including Annabeth. How could they? After all the years of being friends, after all the pain and suffering, they distanced herself away from him. "Why?"  was the only thing that he thought inside his mind.

He found the truth a few hours before the present. Some campers with egos bigger than the universe had grouped together and started to form rumors about him. They bribed Hectate to give them potions that would last an infinite amount of time, until his/her was given a lot, and a lot of hope from Hestia herself. They used the potion on every camper there, including themselves, idiots.

Anyway, he stumbled across an piece of text from a very old book. He wanted to do this for so long, but this was a less painful way.

It required a pure soul, one with no sins, only virtues. A soul that was loyal, loving, and caring. But, it also required for that soul to have a dark past.

That soul has to have a soulmate.

That soul has to sacrifice himself in battle in the most honorable way.

Only then can a certain moon goddess chant an ancient spell, one that would replace a soul in the sky with another soul.

And Percy Jackson had an idea. One that would break the ancient laws without permission from the creator, Chaos, or the Fates.

He wanted to bring Zoe Nightshade back from the sky.

Present

Percy POV

I was fighting Gaea herself. Her ugly self rose from the earth, wrapping vines around everyone. In her hands was a long, bronze xiphos, like Anaklusmos, or Riptide.

"You know the sacrifices that have to be made." a voice told him.

Somehow, I knew. It was Chaos, which had accepted my request days ago.

I charged at Gaea, which caught her by surprise. I thrust Riptide through her throat, but before she died, Gaea hit my shoulder with her sword, which was full of poison.

Before I fell, I started to chant in Ancient Greek.

My aura blasted out, using whatever energy left inside my body to kill every monster and giant in sight.

I fell to his knees, and Artemis rushed over to see him.

"Please" I croaked out. "Please, chant the ancient spell. You need to move on, and I believe a certain ex-hunter could help." a hint of humor in my voice before the light left my eyes.

Third Person POV

Artemis chanted the spell, and Percy's body flew up to the stars. In the spot where Percy's body was, there lied Zoe Nightshade.

It had worked.

She looked around, and hugged Artemis. Artemis took Zoe back to the Hunt, where the story of Percy Jackson was told.

They continued on with their adventures for the millennia to come, but what they didn't know was a certain person in the sky watching over them.

I will come back Arty. I promise.