3.

There's a sense of peace in waking up on your own after getting a good night's rest. Calm surrounding you. Well rested without black circles under your eye.

That was impossible in Hogwarts. Someone was certainly up before you and making noise. If the four girls were still sound asleep then you could bet in other rooms the echo of arguing filtered through the walls. You could feel the remains of summer in the chaos and disorganisation in the loud voices still not accustomed to school.

On this damned Wednesday Tabitha's second year little sister thought it a wise choice to disturb the sixth year's sleep. For you can't enter other people's room without permission, the little mongrel used every source of clamor to get her sister's attention. For somebody getting up earlier to ask for a hair straightening spell is worth it.

Maeve wasn't that person. She got out of bed feeling as fresh as a rotten tomato. Seizing the bathroom first, she splashed cold water on her face. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. Her circles like some bad accessory decorated her eyes. At least instead of the black colour it was just purplish now. What a little sleep cannot do, can it?

Under the three minutes she spent in there, nothing changed in the room. Naya having a free period was curled up in her blankets still. The other two didn't intrest Maeve. After 5 years living together they learned to ignore the other's antics when they could. Of course everybody could recall the picture of Maeve grabbing Tabitha's hair after she threatened to feed Maeve's snake to her owl. They have come a long way since that.

..

Finding the boys didn't require big energy. Usually they were the first to sit down at the breakfast table and the last to leave it. Maeve still wondered after 5 years where they could stash that much food.
She spotted them in the Great Hall and made her way to them. Andrei was the first to notice her. He flashed her a smile. The only problem with that was the bacon still hanging between his teeth, and the half-chewed bites almost falling out of his mouth. With a disgusted frown etched on her face she sat down beside them.
Caius, without saying hi, jumped back to the topic he was explaining so vehemently to Andrei. They left behind long ago the formalities such as saying good morning. His way of greeting included filling Maeve's plate with her favourite things.
The topic he was so heavily immersed in was of course quidditch. Or rather Maeve thought it was, for she only understood every third word because of the munching.

"What I don't understand" she started, grimancing as she tossed aside Andrei's arm which hanged down into her plate. "Why don't you go to the try out if you like it so much?"

"We still have one year. Not everyone is a natural prodigy-" Caius tilted his head to the side, eyes piercing hers."-like you. Next year after Montague and the rest left at least Andrei will have a chance."

He tried to force the last sentence out casually, but the sour visage revealed his true feelings.
The keeper position was held by Cassius and next year Andrei has the biggest shot at repleacing it. Caius was less lucky, the Malfoy family had more influence than his.

"You know I can arrange a little accident for the ferret anytime. If you play any good at the try out you could play in his place."-Maeve took a sip of her tea while reading the headline of the Daily Prophet, not even bothering to look up.

"If you let that agression remain unchecked who knows what will you do. You should try maybe being a beater. Or I know other activities where you could use that spare energy"
Caius's suggestive wink paired with a humble smile. Maeve looked Caius up with a blank stare.

"You cannot do anything that would impress me." she replied in a monotone voice. "But if you have so much energy 'to spare' I can manage an inflating spell. Then we can maybe find you some pretty doll to try it on."