Metals and Medals

While everyone was focused on the sudden tension between Todoroki and Midoriya, one fighter wasn't able to get out of their head to notice. 

"You okay?" Denki asked an obviously nervous Kaneri who was hiding her features behind her hair. "These sudden declarations of war making you all tense? Don't worry about it. It's just sports talk." He said , taking a few silver hair strands between his fingers. 

"I have to f-fight him.." Kaneri mumbled, a quick nod towards Bakugou. 

Denki looked at Bakugou. The blonde's eyes were intense and filled with rage, even the slightest glance into them filled Kaneri with anxiety.

Denki returned his glance back to Kaneri with a concerned look. "Okay...you might be in trouble.." Denki said with a nervous chuckle before being met with a smack to the back of his head. 

"Hey don't listen to the tazer bitch." 

Kaneri turned around to see Mishizu who had Denki's ear in her fingers, tugging it repeatedly. 

"I think you've got this. With your power, I'm sure you can put the blasty bitch in his place. " 

"What did you say?!" an already irritated Bakugou turned to face Mishizu. 

"You heard me, Bitch!" Mishizu growled. 

"Didn't you already lose to me, Pipsqueak?!" Bakugou teased with a devilish smirk. 

"So?!!! That doesn't mean you'll win this whole thing! Get your head out of your ass!" 

"I'm the best, you hear me?! And there's no way that Long Locks over here is gonna beat me!" 

"Bullshit!" Mishizu barked. 

"Oh please! I'd crush her to dust! She shakes in her boots looking at me, do you really think she could take me in a fight?!" Bakugou snickered. "Don't make me laugh." 

"Fuck you!" Mishizu sent a spear Bakugou's way but before it could each him, it was stopped by Kaneri's teeth grabbing and crushing it, leaving Mishizu and Bakugou in shock.

Kaneri chewed the spear as everyone stared. "That's dumb...don't fight in here.." She turned her gaze towards Bakugou, making direct eye contact with him, the determined look in her eye catching him by surprise. 

"I will beat you, Katsuki Bakugou.." Kaneri said before eating the rest of the spear, never breaking eye contact. 

"...Heh.." Bakugou said before turning around and making his way out of the room. "Whatever, Long Locks, just give me your best fight." 

"Well won't you look at that! Someone finally grew a pair. HAHA!" Mishizu said with a proud smile. 

As soon as Bakugou left the room, Kaneri sat on a bench hugging her knees to her chest, quivering. "H-he's so scary.." 

"Yeah.. you're not wrong, but it'll be okay!" Kaneri looked up to see Midoriya's smiling face. "I'm sure you'll do just fine. Kacchan is a little intense and he's a great fighter, but so are you. You've got this, okay?" 

Kaneri was definitely calmed by Midoriya's smile. "Thank you.. I-I'll try my best." 

"I know you will." Midoriya smiled before rubbing Kaneri's head gently. 

"Shouldn't you be worried about your fight with Todo-dorky?" Mishizu asked. 

"Yeah.. don't worry.. I am." Midoriya said with a deep sigh. "But hey, good luck on your match with Kacchan, Kaneri!" 

"Thanks.." Kaneri mumbled. 

***

"Next up, an interesting match, Katsuki Bakugou vs. Kaneri Doutetsu! This will be over quickly..." Present Mic announced.