17

Yara

I headed to the kitchen to get another drink, I could've sworn I'd seen Rashad in the crowd.

Maybe I didn't need another drink.

I was pouring myself a drink when I felt someone come behind me. I turned around to come face to face with Rashad's hard chest.

I rolled my eyes hard.

"Get the fuck out my way."

"Watch your mouth." He said looking down at me. "You put on a lil show out there, acting all ghetto like you don't have no home training."

"Man fuck you." I said before trying to walk off. He grabbed my jaw and turned me to face him.

"Don't walk away from me."

Rashad knew exactly how to turn me on. That's what he was trying to do right? Turn me on, press my buttons.

"I'm a lil kid right? Why you got your hands on me?" I asked him.

He let go before eyeing my outfit.

"Why you wearing that man?" He sighed.

"What? A dress."

"You know what you doing, you got these niggas out here checking for you."

"What you expect? I'm a bad bitch." I joked.

He let a small grin take over his lips.

Some girl walked in the kitchen and called Rashad's name.

"You don't see us talking?" I snapped towards her.

"Was I talking to you?" She asked me.

"Bitch don't play with me, before I bust yo ass in the he-" I started walking towards her but Rashad grabbed me by the waist and pulled me back to him.

"Maya ima fuck with you later." He said to the girl.

"Who the fuck is maya?" I asked him.

"You gotta chill." He laughed lowly.

"Don't tell me to chill." I snapped turning around to face him.

He held a smirk on his face as he looked down on me.

"That fuckin mouth" he said lowly while going over my bottom lip with his thumb.

He just laughed and walked off.
________________

After their little confrontation, Yara swallowed her drink and made her way to the dance floor.

She wouldn't allow Rashad to ruin her night.

She eyed the crowd looking for someone to dance with since Malcom was doing God knows what wherever he was. She spotted Moonie cuddled up on the couch with Roderick.

Yara locked eyes with Troy and grinned to herself, bingo.

Troy wasn't ugly at all, matter of fact he was very attractive. He was lightskin with neat twists that framed his face well. He was 5'11 with a somewhat thick build but not as thick as Rashad. He also had brown freckles that complimented his face.

Troy watched as Yara walked over to him. He was confused yet intrigued. Yara never gave him the time of the day. He knew that Rashad had told him to stay away from her because that was Alex's family but Alex wasn't here. He didn't want to go against what his friend had said but Yara looked so damn good tonight that he couldn't help himself.

He admired her thick build, that's something him and Rashad both admired in a woman. Yara was exactly his type and he knew this once he saw her that day at the mall and in the store before they went to the club.