›o n e‹

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

"We have no time to say goodbye, so let's not call it that"

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The moon shone brightly. Chirping owls creep up the night atmosphere. Nights like this are scary for everyone if they hear a baby crying suddenly. However, the cries heard by a man with his wife were a joy to them.

That night, his wife managed to give birth to twins who became the heirs of De Eva Luna's family.

"Lucas de Eva Luna and Lucania de Eva Luna," The wife said with a sweet smile to her husband. The husband smiled and kissed the foreheads of both his children and his wife. From today on, their future begins...

Years passed, and their lives which were once filled with laughter now come to a halt. The family that has lost their mother is praying for the deceased one. The little sister, Lucania was crying as she hugged her father to ease her grief. While her brother, Lucas just watched his mother's grave without feeling. He did not understand why his sister was crying. Isn't it normal for someone to die? It's not like we humans can live for eternity.

Day after day, their father became increasingly ill because he missed his wife so much. The twins did not know what to do. The younger sister asked her brother's permission to go for a walk in the forest to think of something that might help her to lift her father's mood. After getting his permission, she went into the woods to breathe the night air.

While the girl was walking in the forest, the brother and father were trying to chat. The brother tried to persuade his father to eat, but his father still refused. He also mentioned the grief that everyone will experience when they lose a loved one even though he knows that he would never understand a single thing.

"Lucas, one day you will feel this sadness. But it is better if you do not feel it because it is very painful. I rather die than living in a life like this" said the father, sadly.

Lucas did not understand why his father seems so sad. Isn't death something normal? So why is his father so sad? Even refuse to take his breakfast, what a strange human being.

While he and his father were in a rather awkward conversation between son and father, they did not realize that danger was waiting for their younger one.

Lucania has strayed into the woods. It is not her fault. Well, most likely it is but let's not talk about it. While she was walking without a destination in mind, she saw a purple butterfly flying past her head. Without a second thought, she decided to follow it until she realized that she was lost in the woods.

"Uh... Where am I? Lulu? Dad? I think I'm lost...hehe" She sheepishly scratched her neck while also on the verge of crying. She is very scared. Even though she is nine years old, she still has not mastered the magic of teleportation, unlike her brother who has been skilled since he was 7 years old.

Suddenly, a Spider-Man stuck to her face. Her face turned blue when she saw the spider's eyes. She screamed 'wholeheartedly' because she was indeed afraid of spiders. She enables the magic of her teleportation to deport herself as far as possible. If possible, go outside the Milky Way so that the spiders do not find her.

At their place of residence, her father was suddenly shocked. Then, he jumped out of the window continued by Lucas. Lucas knew what his father was thinking and feeling. His sister's existence is gone. He could no longer feel the presence of her sister nearby.

They know that Lucania is still not good at teleportation so it is impossible if she can teleport till they can no longer feel her presence. They ran as fast as they could until finally, they arrived at the last location they felt the presence of Lucania.

"It's in Spider Hill" Lucas muttered slowly but loud enough for his father to hear it.

"How can she get here? Isn't she afraid of spiders? There must be something that happened... " Muttered Lucas again. His father used his magic to check their surrounding. His eyes blinked a few times when he did not directly feel the existence of his daughter. He tried again. Again. Again. Again and again. But he could not immediately feel the presence of his daughter everywhere.

Without him realizing it, a clear liquid came out of his eyes. He is crying. For the second time, he lost someone he loved dearly. Lucas just watched his father's behavior. He could hardly know what was happening instead of seeing his father's facial expression change drastically. He felt a strange feeling in his chest.

His eyes began to water. He shook his head to get rid of that new feeling. He called his father to go home. He knew his father was very sad because he had lost another family member. The next morning, Lucas and his father performed a funeral for his sister. Lucas was only able to pray for his sister to be safe despite being in another realm.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊ - ❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

To be continued...

Published on 8 Dec 2021
By Asuna Luino

Edited by Asuna Dio
24 Sept 2021

Republished and edited on
31 January 2023
By Asuna Luino