chapter two

It was bad, as it always is. Every night you try and convince yourself getting up from your cosy bed won't be as bad as you thought it was that morning, but the fact it's like, what? Six in the morning, makes it worse. Oh, not to mention your brother's obnoxious voice was the thing that woke you up. Ugh. Sometimes you wonder why you haven't invested in an alarm yet, but then remember even hearing the distant tone of Kankri's phone in the morning fills you with an astounding rage. To be fair, a lot of things annoy you like that. One of them is human "Rainbow Sprinkles". You've never been sure why but seeing them makes you want to yell. You're not sure if you've ever felt so much hatred for anything, honestly. Even thinking about them now is getting you riled up: you genuinely cannot stand the thought of them. Once, in Food Tech, you had to make human Truffles and you cried in frustration because you had to use sprinkles. In your defence, you were only in year 7 and it had been a stressful week. (Not that you really had anything to be stressed about.)

But thinking about that just got you in a sour mood. Christ, you were trembling with rage for crying out loud. But who could blame you, man! They are honestly just infuriating to no extent.

Before you actually start crying, you sit up in your bed, rubbing your face with one hand while reaching for your phone with the other. You lift up your cracked phone (how the hell it managed to get so messed up with that inch-thick case you don't know) and check the time. 7:15? Not too bad. You have 30 minutes to get ready till you have to leave the house for a ride to school and you very much know you're going to spend a majority of that time doing nothing in bed. Well, for as long as you can get away with anyway. You know Kankri will not hesitate to attack your door like a feral animal as an attempt at a knock to get you up.

Speaking of phone screens, you didn't just notice the time. You also saw that you indeed have a few messages from some of your internet friends from like, Europe or whatever. Geography really wasn't your strong point.

-gallowsCalibrator [GC] Began Trolling carcinoGeneticist [CG]-

GC: H3Y

GC: H333333Y K4K4T

GC: COM3 ON 1 KNOW FOR A F4CT TH4T IT'S NOT 3V3N MIDNIGHT OV3R TH3R3

GC: LM4O WAIT YOUV3 GOT SCHOOL, RIGHT?

GC: LOOS3R!!

GC: ANYW4Y I JUST R34LIS3D

GC: SOM3 OF OUR FRI3NDS LIV3 IN T3XAS!!!

GC: 1 B3T YOU W1SH 1 WAS TH3R3

CG: GET OFF YOUR HIGHHORSE, TEREZI.

CG: I'M ACTUALLY INCREDIBLY GLAD YOU AREN'T HERE. I KNOW FOR A FACT YOU'D FREAK EVERYBODY OUT, AND BY ASSOCIATION, I'D BE HORRIFICALLY BULLIED.

CG: AND I WOULDN'T BE MAD ABOUT IT, HONESTLY. I'D BULLY ME TOO.

GC: YOU'R3 SUCH A F1LTHY L14R, K4RK4T!

GC: TH3 L4ST TIM3 SOM3ON3 TRI3D 4NYTH1NG D1DN'T YOU L1K3, SOCK H1M 1N TH3 J4W?

CG: I'D RATHER WE NOT GO INTO MY EXESSIVE HISTORY OF VIOLENCE, TEREZI.

CG: IF YOU'D BE SO KIND TO SPARE ME THE MISERY THAT IS YOUR TEASING.

GC: F1N3! BUT ONLY B3C4US3 1 F33L SORRY FOR YOU

CG: I ALWAYS KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YOU TO BE KIND.

CG: THANKS, THOUGH.