Chapter 36

Last time:

"Soyeon."
..........................................................................

Y/N's P.O.V

Softly splashing water droplets hit the car windows as we drove onwards. The skies were overhung with a blanket of grey, so much so that I could barely tell the difference between the sky and clouds.

"Jimin, calm down! She'll be fine." Taehyung assured him.

"You seriously need to calm down Jimin, we won't be able to make it on time if you worsen the weather anymore." Yoongi spoke.

"We should have left Lisa and Jungkook at the hospital," Jin looked from the rear-view mirror at them, "They're still weak and not in a position to up a fight."

"We're good Jin, you don't have to worry about us. Just make it quick, we need to reach as soon as possible." Lisa affirmed.

I looked at each one of us. We all were crestfallen. How did things come to this?

What else could she possibly want more after taking away so much.

After taking a sharp turn on the left the house was in our field of vision.

The car came to a halt and we all immediately dashed towards the entrance.

Jimin ran past us as he bolted down the uneven paving stones with all his might and broke into the house.

He stood there still with rasping throat that was parched as a dead lizard in the desert sun and immediately broke into a loud cry.

"No no no no no." He made his way towards her who could barely open her eyes anymore.

I clasped my mouth as soon as I took in the scene in front of me.

"Well, if it isn't the infamous Ahn Y/N." A figure came into our view.

Soyeon.

"What have you done?" I gritted my teeth with teary eyes.

"Oh, this?" She looked at Hansung, "You see, this was not something that I wanted. It was supposed to be you instead of her."

"What do you mean?" I clutched my hands into fists, refraining myself to throw a punch on her face.

"It's a small price she paid instead of you." Soyeon shook her head disappointedly, "All you had to do was open that god damn door for me, let me absorb your powers and kill you."

She made her way towards me.

"And as that didn't happen, she was the next best option for me." She chuckled, "I mean just look at her; a human, living with powerful sins and a witch.  I've absorbed so much energy from her because of that. I feel revived now." She cracked her neck.

I looked at Hansung. There was no movement from her. My body froze in fear.

"She's no longer of any use to me. I got just what I needed for the time." She yawned bored.

"Hansung, please open your eyes." Jimin pleaded.

We all looked at them.

"The misery of your death still haunts me, the pain of you not coming anymore destroyed me. All these years I've been staying awake, looking all night; hoping to catch a glimpse of you, but there was no you." His words sloppy as he tried hard to speak.

"I don't know what that means, but it sounds painfully beautiful, something straight out of a movie." She reached out weakly to cup his cheek with her blood soaked hand and chuckled.

"I never erased your memories, I never could. How could I erase the memories of the women that I loved with all of my heart," He wailed, "I pretended to not remember you anymore so that I could protect you. If only, I had known this would happen, I would have embraced you the moment you stepped into my life again."

"You embracing me right now is all I need."Her eyes fluttered, her body giving up gradually.

"I love you Park Hansung, I always have and I always will. Please don't leave me again, I won't be able to live with myself anymore." He cried uncontrollably.

"I love you too Jimin. I'm not going, I'll always be here." She placed her hand on his heart, "I'll be waiting for you and this time, we'll make it. Our love will make it." She smiled.

"Please, don't." He held her hand and whimpered.

"It's alright, everything is gonna be fine. You gotta stay strong for all of us." She kissed his lips.

She looked at him wistfully, she had longed for his moment for a very long time; to be in his arms, to embrace him.

She threw her arms around him and embraced him passionately, her lips brushed his, softly, delicately, like butterfly wings, just long enough that he could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin.

Her eyes shifted to the side looking at us and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears. As she blinked, they dripped from her eyelids and slid down her cheeks. She bit her lip tightly in attempt to hide any sound that wanted to escape from her mouth; my heart sank.

"I'm so sorry Y/N."

I felt cold tears stream down my face.

She mumbled incoherent things and choked on her sobs.

Her lower lip quivered as words slowly made their way out of her mouth, “Goodbye.”

She smiled loving at all of us and took one last breath and we felt her life ebb away.

Jimin cried as if the ferocity of it might bring Hansung back; as if by the sheer force of his grief the news would be undone. His love, his dear Hansung could not be gone.

The sound of walling and suffering echoed throughout the house.

"Y/N, please do something, she's not breathing, I can't feel her pulse anymore." His looked at me with sore eyes.

All hell got loose and I ran towards him and hugged him for dear life.

"I'm sorry." I cried.

I couldn't bring her back, not anymore.

No magic, no power on earth can bring the dead back to life.

She was gone; Hansung was gone.